Would you like to change lives by providing an amazing experience for every camper?
At Camp Seymour, you get to teach kids self-reliance, a love for nature and the outdoors, and the development of attitudes and practices that build character and leadership – all amidst the fun of campfires, canoeing, archery, talent shows, and meaningful relationships.
As an Outdoor Teen Leadership Instructor, you will facilitate leadership focused programs for campers ages 13-17. You will be expected to supervise campers at all times and ensure their safety while on-site and when venturing out on trips. This position will have you sharing a yurt with 9-10 campers while on-site and tent camping when on trails.
*This is a Residential position that includes room and board.*
Starting Wage: $390 to $460 per week, depending on qualifications
Date of Employment: June 11th - August 23rd
Location: YMCA Camp Seymour, Gig Harbor, WA
Ignite your Passion, Live the Y Cause, and Join our Team! To apply visit our website at www.ymcapkc.org.
The YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties is committed to diversity and inclusion throughout our organization and is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Women/Minority/Veteran/Disabled
- A commitment to valuing and promoting diversity, equity, and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- One or more seasons of related experience required.
- Positive attitude and previous experience with diverse populations.
- Knowledge and skills in program activities and related equipment set-up, and the ability to instruct participants in age appropriate techniques.
- Required: Experience in leading trip/travel program and/or personal outdoor experience.
- Required: Wilderness First Aid or First Responder (must have by the start of staff training).
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications.
- Able and willing to complete online Child Abuse Prevention training on first day, and other online and in-person training as required.