Would you like to change lives by making sure camp is an amazing experience for every camper?
At Camp Seymour you get to teach kids self-reliance, a love for nature and the outdoors, and the development of attitudes and practices that build character and leadership – all amidst the fun of campfires, canoeing, archery, talent shows, and meaningful relationships.
As a Climbing Wall Specialist, you will supervise and maintain safe, enjoyable, age-appropriate climbing wall programs and events while providing progressive instruction in climbing wall classes.
- Plan, organize, and facilitate all climbing wall programming for Overnight Camp and visiting groups.
- Monitor climbing wall equipment and supplies; repair and resupply as necessary.
- Work with the Assistant Camp Director of Programs to ensure the quality of programming.
- Work with leadership staff & all staff to coordinate and implement the overall camp program.
- Plan, facilitate, and support evening programming with set up, tear down, supervision, and other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Serve as a cabin counselor when coverage is needed.
- Assume on Duty responsibilities, run meal times, Line ups, make snack, lock up and other responsibilities as mutually agreed upon with a supervisor
* This is a Residential position that includes room and board. *
Starting Wage: $390 to $460 per week, depending on qualifications
Date of Employment: June 11th - August 23rd
Location: YMCA Camp Seymour, Gig Harbor, WA
Ignite your Passion, Live the Y Cause, and Join our Team! To apply visit our website at www.ymcapkc.org.
The YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties is committed to diversity and inclusion throughout our organization and is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Women/Minority/Veteran/Disabled.
- A commitment to valuing and promoting diversity, equity, and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- One season or more of camp experience and previous climbing experience are required.
- Experience in teaching camp activities and/or two years of personal climbing experience (preferred).
- Positive attitude and previous experience with diverse populations.
- Knowledge and skills in program activities and related equipment set-up, and the ability to instruct participants in age appropriate techniques.
- ACCT Level I certification (or the ability to obtain certification during staff training) (preferred).
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications, online trainings and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date and other required trainings within 60 days.