Would you like to change lives by providing an amazing experience for every camper?
As the Waterfront Specialist, you will supervise and maintain safe, enjoyable, age-appropriate waterfront programs and events. You will supervise boating instructors and lifeguards and provide progressive instruction in waterfront activities. You will work with leadership staff and all staff to coordinate and implement the overall camp program.
- Plan, organize, and facilitate all waterfront programming for Overnight Camp and visiting groups.
- Monitor waterfront equipment and supplies; repair and resupply as necessary.
- Work with Assistant Camp Director of Programs to ensure quality of programming.
- Work with leadership staff & all staff to coordinate and implement overall camp program.
- Plan, facilitate, and support evening programming with set up, tear down, supervision, and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Add creativity and variety to the camp programs with the help of camp directors and staff.
- Assume on Duty responsibilities, run meal times, Line ups, make snack, lock up and other responsibilities as mutually agreed upon with a supervisor
- Serve as a cabin counselor when coverage is needed.
*This is a Residential position that includes room and board*
Starting Wage: $390 to $460 per week, depending on qualifications
Date of Employment: June 11th - August 23rd
Location: YMCA Camp Seymour, Gig Harbor, WA
Ignite your Passion, Live the Y Cause, and Join our Team! To apply visit our website at www.ymcapkc.org.
The YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties is committed to diversity and inclusion throughout our organization and is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Women/Minority/Veteran/Disabled
- A commitment to valuing and promoting diversity, equity, and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- One season or more of camp experience required.
- Preferred: Experience in teaching boating and/or two years of personal boating experience.
- Positive attitude and previous experience with diverse populations.
- Knowledge and skills in program activities and related equipment set-up, and the ability to instruct participants in age-appropriate techniques.
- Ability to pass a Small Craft Safety skills verification upon beginning employment.
- Required: Current American Red Cross Basic Water Rescue Certification or YMCA Lifeguard/Red Cross Lifeguard certification, (or the ability to obtain these certifications during staff training).
- Required: Washington State Boaters’ License (must be obtained by the start of staff training).
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications.
- Able and willing to complete online Child Abuse Prevention training on first day, and other online and in-person training as required.