Do you love being creative and teaching others how to express themselves through art?
At Camp Seymour, you get to teach kids self-reliance, a love for nature and the outdoors, and the development of attitudes and practices that build character and leadership – all amidst the fun of campfires, canoeing, archery, talent shows, and meaningful relationships.
As the Arts and Crafts Specialist, you will actively supervise and maintain safe, enjoyable, age-appropriate arts and crafts programs and events for all campers.
- Plan, organize, and facilitate all arts and crafts programming for Overnight Camp and visiting groups.
- Monitor arts and crafts equipment and supplies; resupply as necessary.
- Plan, facilitate, and support evening programming with set up, tear down, supervision, and other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Work with the Assistant Camp Director of Programs to ensure the quality of programming.
- Work with leadership staff & and all staff to coordinate and implement the overall camp program.
- Add creativity and variety to the camp programs with the help of camp directors and staff.
- Serve as a Cabin Counselor when coverage is needed.
* This is a Residential position that includes room and board.*
Starting Wage: $390 to $460 per week, depending on qualifications
Dates of Employment: June 11th - August 23rd
Location: YMCA Camp Seymour, Gig Harbor, WA
Ignite your Passion, Live the Y Cause, and Join our Team! To apply visit our website at www.ymcapkc.org.
The YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties is committed to diversity and inclusion throughout our organization and is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Women/Minority/Veteran/Disabled
- A commitment to valuing and promoting diversity, equity, and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Minimum 20 years of age.
- One season or more of camp experience required.
- Experience in teaching camp activities and/or two years of personal arts/crafts experience (preferred).
- Positive attitude and previous experience with diverse populations
- Knowledge and skills in program activities and related equipment set-up, and the ability to instruct participants in age-appropriate techniques.
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications.
- Complete online Child Abuse Prevention training on first day. Complete other online and in-person training as required.