Would you like to change lives by providing an amazing experience for every camper?
At Camp Seymour, you get to teach kids self-reliance, a love for nature and the outdoors, and the development of attitudes and practices that build character and leadership – all amidst the fun of campfires, canoeing, archery, talent shows, and meaningful relationships.
As a Trip Staff, you will provide constructive, responsible leadership and guidance for groups of 10-12 teens ages 13-17. If hired, you will lead backpacking and sea kayaking trips.
- Facilitate trip programs (Teen Wilderness Adventure and South Sound Kayak) with a co-leader.
- Work with Assistant Director of Teens and Trips to facilitate trip programs.
- Supervise, engage and build community with campers.
- Understand the area to which you are traveling and be prepared with all necessary supplies and tools.
- Communicate periodically to Camp with status updates and in case of emergencies.
- Make safe judgement calls for situations that account for all camper and staff needs and abilities.
- Lead safe, programmed, skill building, and fun off-site trips. Maintain awareness and supervision of campers.
- Follow camp safety guidelines; follow National Park/Forest regulations and always abide by “leave no trace” guidelines.
*This is a Residential position that includes room and board.*
Wage: $400 to $660 per week, depending on qualifications
Date of Employment: June 16th - August 23rd
Location: YMCA Camp Seymour, Gig Harbor, WA
Ignite your Passion, Live the Y Cause, and Join our Team! To apply visit our website at www.ymcapkc.org.
The YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties is committed to diversity and inclusion throughout our organization and is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Women/Minority/Veteran/Disabled
- A commitment to valuing and promoting diversity, equity, and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- One or more seasons of related experience required.
- Positive attitude and previous experience with diverse populations.
- Knowledge and skills in program activities and related equipment set-up, and the ability to instruct participants in age-appropriate techniques.
- Required: Experience in leading trip/travel program and/or personal outdoor experience.
- Required: Wilderness First Aid or First Responder (must have by the start of staff training). CPR, AED certifications.
- Complete online Child Abuse Prevention training on first day. Complete other online and in-person training as required.