Rockbridge Area YMCA
Northside Family YMCA
YMCA of Greater Richmond
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. The Childcare/Family Director at Dodge City Family YMCA oversees the development and operations of the overall childcare/family program and each childcare site, to include hiring, training and supervising the their team, ensuring the program meets its intended goals.
· Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
· YMCA Team Leader certification preferred.
· One to two years related experience (e.g., supervisor or coordinator of childcare programs) preferred.
· Minimum age of 21.
· Within 30 days of hire, completion of Child Abuse Prevention, Working with Program Volunteers, CPR, First Aid, AED, and Bloodborne Pathogens training.
· Fulfillment of state-specific hiring standards and completion of YMCA program-specific training.
· Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
· Commitment to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
1. Manages the school-age childcare program, including developing and monitoring the program budget to meet fiscal objectives; compiling program statistics to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in the program; securing, scheduling, and maintaining the needed facilities; creating and scheduling the activities or events; and maintaining program records or files.
2. Ensures programs and services meet community needs to include supervising existing program activities, establishing new program activities, and expanding the program within the community as needed. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
3. Assures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations as they relate to program areas, including ADA accommodations where appropriate; ensures that YMCA program standards are met, and safety procedures followed.
4. Reviews program plans and records to ensure consistency with evidence-based best practices.
5. Recruits and hires diverse staff and volunteer teams across multiple dimensions of diversity. Onboards and develops them for success. Maintains staff schedules and evaluates staff performance.
6. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions; develops and maintains collaborative relationships with staff, parents and caregivers, and community organizations (e.g., state child care licensing agency, school administration) to maximize program impact and drive overall outcomes; maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within area of responsibility.
7. Organizes or participates in Y activities, such as committees, special events, and fundraising.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Program/Project Management
CPR/First Aid within first 90 days.
Necessary requirements to hold KDHE Director license.