The Gateway Region YMCA is seeking a motivated individual for their Association Senior Director of Philanthropy position.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Association Senior Director of Philanthropy will support a comprehensive year-round program to promote best practices for face to face, volunteer-led fundraising throughout all areas of philanthropy for the Association. The primary responsibility of the Director role is the planning, oversight implementation and continued growth of the YMCA’s $3+ million annual campaign (grants managed separately) and other community drives that support philanthropy. This position will also own a portfolio of key prospects (10 to 20) to move to higher engagement and giving to the Y as well as support capital projects and endowment efforts as needed. Working in a team environment, this role will work closely with all members of the philanthropy team, YMCA leadership, and volunteers to ensure the execution successful efforts that support meeting goals.
Full Compensation Package (when applicable):
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings
- Retirement fund of 12% per pay period after 2 years of full time employment
- 20% Discount on tuition at Missouri Baptist University
- 20% Discount on Tuition at Fontbonne University
- Free household membership to YMCA nationwide
- Discounts on YMCA programs
- Discounts on YMCA Childcare
- Implement fundraising strategies with a primary focus on best practices for face to face fundraising with limited reliance on special events.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive Annual Giving plan including case development, goal setting/budgeting, training of staff and volunteers, donor communications and stewardship and reporting/assessment of goals and key metrics under the direction of the SRVP of Philanthropy and CDO and in partnership with marketing/communications.
- Collaborate with the major gifts team to ensure that the major gifts program is fully integrated with all of the Annual Giving campaign functions and processes.
- Own and manage a portfolio of (10 to 20) key prospects to move to higher engagement and giving.
- Support capital and endowment efforts as assigned/needed.
- Provide needed resources for branches to execute successful campaigns.
- Plan and conduct association-wide events.
- Provide ongoing training to YMCA staff, Board and volunteers on campaign best practices and donor engagement.
- Support the identification, recruitment and ongoing communications for campaign volunteer leadership.
- Work with the philanthropy team members who have systems oversight to ensure accurate data is provided and is in alignment with finance team.
- Work with staff and volunteers to ensure an effective year-round donor cultivation, recognition and stewardship plan is in place based on best practices including items like donor acknowledgements, recognition, impact reports, etc.
- Represent the philanthropy department in association-wide meetings and with operational teams as needed.
The YMCA Welcomes a Diverse Workforce
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
The Gateway Region YMCA strictly follows a zero-tolerance policy regarding child abuse.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies