Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Program Director is responsible for the supervision and management of all camp programming, outdoor education, camp registration, staff hiring and supervision. Supervisory responsibilities include budget oversight and business development, staff management, program development and delivery as well as safety/risk management. The Program Director serves as branch supervisor in the absence of the Executive Director.
- Bachelor degree from accredited university in the field of camping, recreation, outdoor education, education or related field, with 3-5 years related experience prefered
- Ability to lead and supervise participants.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance as well as constructive feedback.
- Ability to lead, teach and supervise children in group activities, and recreational activities, and follow assigned curriculum.
- Experience in supervising children and working with a team
- Complete all required YMCA risk trainings
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
1. Provide leadership and supervision to program staff achieving successful growth of non-summer programs and Outdoor Education and Retreats/Conferences.
2. Annual growth and achieving targeted budget and enrollment figures.
3. Develop and implement new curriculum and program options for summer camp and year round programming.
4. Assist in supervising all aspects of the summer camp program including marketing, fiscal management, safety/risk, staffing and program development and delivery.
5. Maintain inventory of program equipment.
6. Serve as onsite contact for summer camp and when needed for non-summer programs.
7. Maintain a clean camp before, during and after group visits.
8. Assist Executive Director and Food Service Manage in delivery of USDA approved food reimbursement programs.
9. Assist with the supervision of all aspects of camp store.
10. Assists with Branch Philanthropic Campaign serving as Team Captain for staff portion of Annual Campaign and assist with grant writing.
11. Work with Administrative Assistant to ensure timely payment from user groups and summer camp participant families.
12. Maintain accurate inventory, records, and files.
13. Assist Executive Director with annual accreditation with the American Camp Association and State of Michigan Camp Licensing.
14. Perform other duties assigned by the Executive Director.