Under the supervision of the Chief Operations Officer, the Associate Executive Director, is responsible for the leadership and management of Mystic Lake Camp. This includes ensuring all departments are staffed, operating in proper ratio, and supervising all leadership staff. Supervisory responsibilities include budget creation and implementation, business development, staff management, program development and ensuring all programs are delivered at the highest quality and under the safest conditions.
Bachelor degree from accredited university in the field of camping, recreation, outdoor education, education or related field, with 3-5 years related experience.
Experience in supervising children and working with a team
Ability to lead and supervise participants
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to accept supervision and guidance as well as constructive feedback
Ability to lead, teach and supervise children in group activities, and recreational activities, and follow assigned curriculum
Complete all required YMCA trainings
Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations
1. Provide leadership and supervision to Program Coordinator achieving successful growth of all programs.
2. Work with COO to create annual budget.
3. Responsible for maintaining revenue and expenses in accordance to the approved budget.
4. Ensure new curriculum and program options for summer camp and year round programming are being created and implemented.
5. Oversee kitchen staff ensuring proper protocols are being used, food budget is enforced, menu planning is done in advance and overall cleanliness, inventory and inspections are done.
6. Ensure a clean camp before, during and after group visits.
7. Oversee Food Service Manage in delivery of USDA approved food reimbursement programs.
8. Oversee facilities teams and ensure a maintenance plan is in place for long and short term projects along with ensuring day to day cleaning, repairs, and maintenance is executed.
9. Serve on the Association RISK committee and ensure all RISK related procedures are executed.
10. Lead Branch Philanthropic Campaign by leading the annual campaign and assisting in grant writing, and grant reporting.
11. Ensure all AR’s are collected.
12. Lead Mystic Advisory Board by recruiting new volunteers, engaging with current volunteers, running monthly board meetings.
13. Maintain accurate inventory, records, and files in compliance with camp regulations.
14. Lead annual accreditation with the American Camp Association and State of Michigan Camp Licensing.
15. Perform other duties assigned by the Chief Operations Officer.