Southern District YMCA Camp Lincoln has an immediate opening for an enthusiastic and creative Program Coordinator with a passion for creating intentional and impactful camp experiences for our community.
Founded in 1926 on the shores of Kingston Lake, YMCA Camp Lincoln is a traditional day camp that serves 630 campers a day ranging in age from 5-14 for 10-weeks of camp.
Our goal every day is to provide a safe and supportive environment for campers to grow self-confidence, build friendships, and develop leadership skills.
This full-time position oversees the design and quality of program year-round.
Summer responsibilities include creating weekly schedules, overseeing program quality and safety, and mentoring program leads. Year-round programs include overseeing the registration, staffing, and curriculums, of youth and teen homeschool programs, vacation camps, and ski club.
Ideal candidates are independent self-starters with strong communication and organizational skills. Experience in aquatics, challenge course operations, or staff training are preferred.
- YMCA Membership
- Medical, dental, vision
- Life Insurance paid by YMCA
- 403b Retirement
- 403a - YMCA provided/paid after 2 years employment
- Up to 160 hours PTO annually
- Quarterly Floating Holiday
- On-Site Housing
- Access to annual training, certifications and other professional growth opportunities
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Prior camp and/or YMCA experience a plus.
- Minimum of 2-5 years professional related experience.
- Teaching, facilitating and/or teambuilding experience preferred.
- Strong experience in program design, development, and evaluation.
- Supervisory and staff development experience.
- Administrative experience; ability to communicate both verbally and in writing is essential.
- Strong working knowledge of computers and all common programs such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to effectively delegate responsibilities to others and support them in their endeavors as necessary.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability and willingness to travel, work weekends and evenings throughout the year.
- Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to complete YMCA required training as scheduled by management.
- Maintain updated certifications of the job (CPR and First Aid/AED).
- Strong visual and auditory ability.
- Ability to respond to critical incidents and act swiftly in emergency situations.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Oversee summer camp program with staff scheduling, supply ordering, and program development.
- Oversee Vacation Camp programs including registration, staffing, and curriculum planning.
- Oversee Youth & Teen Homeschool programs including registration, staffing, and curriculum planning.
- Support in hiring, training, and supervising staff for all areas of responsibility to ensure quality programming is being delivered to their participants consistent with the YMCA philosophy and mission.
- Working alongside Asst. Camp Director, supervise and lead winter ski club for local schools.
- Responsible for managing active and engaging social media accounts. Submitting quarterly social media plans.
- Design and produce annual summer camp yearbook.
- Cultivate the professional development of the staff for growth and success.
- Address staffing issues and concerns. Conduct staff meetings and trainings that foster growth in instructors and meets their expectations.
- Implement and supervise safety and emergency procedures as they relate to both staff, campers, and participants
- Serves as International Staff Coordinator during summer months.
- Responsible for coordinating events to enhance summer staff experience
- Develop and distribute Vital Camp digital staff trainings prior to staff training week ensuring that all staff have completed relevant modules.
- Facilitate Outdoor Education, Rentals, Homeschool, Vacation Camps, and all other programs as required.
- Assist across all Southern District YMCA programs as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapports and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgements, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work, and actively participate sin meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goas and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an oneness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assess personal feelings, strengths, and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.