YMCA of San Diego County
Wolf Creek YMCA
YMCA of Greater Louisville
The YMCA of Upper Palmetto is seeking a Sports Director for one of its flagship branches, Baxter Close YMCA. The Baxter Close YMCA is located in Baxter Village, a 1700 home master-planned development that includes a unique downtown business area with the YMCA serving as a signature business in the development.
Fort Mill located in York County, just south of Charlotte, NC, is a growing, thriving area of South Carolina with great schools, fantastic four weather seasons, numerous food/restaurant options and great outdoor recreation opportunities.
The YMCA of Upper Palmetto is a mid/large Y association consisting of 12 branch locations including an overnight resident camp, executive level fitness centers, flagship facilities and mission YMCAs with over 13 pools which includes two 50-meter pools and three water parks. The YMCA of Upper Palmetto boasts a diverse talent pool that is committed to great customer service, quality programs and clean facilities.
In addition to living and working in a great area of South Carolina, the YMCA of Upper Palmetto also has a great employee-centric benefits package (12% fully paid Y retirement once vested, 8 paid holidays and generous “Paid Time Off” based on YMCA tenure).
• Manage day-to-day functions of assigned areas, while providing leadership and support to all departments.
• Provide leadership and strategic direction to Youth Sports and Adult Sports to create a cohesive and consistent Program experience.
• Direct and monitor strategies to ensure monthly and annual goals are met in assigned departments, including registration levels, year-over-year retention, penetration rates, and participant progression.
• Ensure Program portfolio fully aligns with Regional and Association strategies, structure and quality standards.
• Continuously evaluate the scope of youth, teen, and family programs to identify new program opportunities. Particular focus should be given to growing existing business lines while creating new ones.
• Build a network of Program volunteers through effective recruitment, training and stewardship.
• Build relationships with community partners with specific focus on off-site programs, community facilities, public & private schools and parks & recreation.
• Build a culture of legendary Program quality and experience in all assigned areas, including on and off-site programs, community partnerships and family events.
• Develop and lead strategies to ensure members and/or program participants connect with each other and the YMCA.
• Partner with marketing and communications department to ensure effective promotion and visibility of all program areas. Supervisory Responsibilities
• Lead through the YMCA core values: caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith. Model relationship-building skills in all interactions.
• Lead direct reports as an interdependent and unified Youth Development team.
• Recruit, hire, train and supervise a highly-skilled and trained team of full-time and part-time servant leaders.
• Utilize Association tools and standards in completing and administering performance evaluations and individual development plans.
• Plan and organize staff meetings to ensure consistent communications, directions and accountability.
• Manage biweekly payroll.
• Bachelor degree (preferred).
• Outstanding supervisory and leadership skills.
• Experience in recruiting, hiring, training and development of volunteers and staff.
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to effectively work/interact with diverse populations.
• Computer literate. Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook and database management.
• Exhibit a stable temperament and a high level of maturity.
• Have experience or training significant for Youth programs
• Set good examples in promptness, manners, language, appearance and health. Be a model of respect, responsibility, honesty and caring for members, participants and staff.
• Ability to adapt to changing needs and circumstances.
• Manages, directs and coordinates sports programs. Ensures high quality programs and establishes new programs activities. Expands programs within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
• Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
• Develops, manages and controls budgets related to the position. Ensures program operates within budget and that program fees are collected. Supports and budgets for healthy eating through coaching, mentoring and monitoring menu quality.
• Assures compliance with state and local regulations as they relate to program areas.
• Ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed.
• Provides upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment and ensure the physical environment supports healthy living.
• Provide staff leadership for annual fund-raising campaign and committees as assigned.
• Maintains proper records/department files.
• Organizes special events for parents. Assists in YMCA fund raising activities.
• Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
• Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
• Continually develops and introduces new sports, camps or other activities for all age groups to keep members and participants engaged and programming relevant to the needs of the community.
• Schedules the use of community and Branch facilities necessary to carry on the program outlined.
• Current certifications in First Aid and CPR/AED.
• Ability to effectively work/interact with diverse populations.
• Ability to work in excess of a 40-hour week with irregular work hours.
• Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor), while maintaining alertness for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to lift supplies weighing up to 25 pounds. Ability to adapt to changing needs and circumstances.
• Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking
• Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
• Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
• Work with the Regional Vice President to develop, implement and manage operating plans that promote program and membership growth for the YMCA.
• Develop and manage annual budget. Demonstrate sound fiscal management skills.
• Provide leadership and direction to Board development activities, which include Board Member Prospecting, Cultivation, recruitment, training and development.
• Work with our maintenance team to improve and maintain all facilities and grounds.
• Ensure safety and maintenance of facilities, grounds and equipment to minimize risk to members, participants and the Association.
• Provide leadership and support to annual fundraising campaign and volunteer committees/boards as assigned.
• Any other duties as assigned/needed.