Gaston County Family YMCA
Snow Mountain Ranch YMCA
Bath Area Family YMCA
The Assistant Director of Marketing, Digital Marketing & Social Media supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. This person helps to build the community’s understanding of the YMCA’s cause and impact across multiple channels in our service area with focus on driving engagement through social media and online platforms. He/she/they will be responsible for developing, implementing, and tracking effective digital marketing and communication strategies and campaigns across multiple departments. Helping to build the community’s understanding of the YMCA’s cause and impact, he/she/they provides assistance to the Director of Marketing & Communications to implement the Marketing Plan and advance the West Suburban YMCA’s mission.
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Design, Marketing, or related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· One to two years of professional marketing/communications experience, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
· Experience managing social media accounts for a business or organization.
Committing to support and further our anti-racist work as an organization. Actively works to continue to recruit and hire diverse staff and volunteers.
Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
· Strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize workload, and meet deadlines.
· Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills.
· Possesses good judgement, initiative, and resourcefulness.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office, website content management systems, and email marketing platforms. Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud programs preferred.
· Basic photography and videography skills.
· Ability to work both independently and with a team.
· Ability to analyze data across different platforms.
Reliable, enthusiastic, proactive and engaging.
1. Assists in the creation of a cohesive strategy and comprehensive calendar for digital marketing, content creation and web management.
2. Assists in the development of an integrated digital marketing calendar that touches multiple online platforms for a cohesive digital strategy that may include, but is not limited to social media, web, video, email, and emerging channels.
3. Leads and posts current day-to-day social media management on platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn to increase WSYMCA social footprint and drive engagement.
4. Active support of our DEIB statement and putting into practice our commitment to equity, diversity, belonging and inclusion. Continue to research, create, recommend, and implement strategies to support diversity goals of the organization.
5. Content creator with constant interaction with our communities, members and staff for relevant information to post creatively with an end goal of sharing our mission and driving business.
6. Compiles and analyzes social media data and metrics to anticipate trends and identify strategies and opportunities for brand growth. This includes Facebook Insights, Instagram Analytics, Twitter Analytics, and other applicable social tools to produce monthly reports and evaluate/refine content strategy based on data and analytics. Continuously sets goals and strives to increase our social audience.
7. Builds and nurtures a devoted online community through the execution of timely response for web and social media comments, inquiries, and reviews.
8. Visually captures the Y experience and Y stories via photography and video. Digitally archives photographs and videos for the organization’s use.
9. Establishes relationships with local media in our service area and maintains an updated community/media contact list.
10.Writes and edits press releases, articles, and blog posts.
11. Writes and edits monthly electronic newsletters.
12. Develop effective working relationships with internal department groups, with a focus on program departments including Sports, Childcare, Aquatics, Fitness, and Camps.
13. Assist with ongoing maintenance and updates to the organization’s website.
14. Assists with the design & production of program guides, flyers, posters, promotional items and other printed and digital materials, as needed.
15. Ensures the consistency and remains brand complaint across all digital and social media platforms.
16. Participate in association special events throughout the year.
17. Daily, weekly and monthly visual checks on all marketing materials around the facilities to ensure brand compliance and standards.
18. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to communications in timely manner.
19. Other duties as assigned.
CPR/First Aid within 30 days of hire.