Today, we’re looking for you to join us as we carry out our mission to positively impact lives and communities across the state.
As a thought-leader and best-in-class provider in education, wellness, youth development, and community-building, The YMCA of Metro Atlanta is one of the oldest and most essential non-profits serving in Atlanta. Today, we’re looking for you to join us as we carry out our mission to positively impact lives and communities across the state.
At the Y, we’re an association of like-minded people (staff, volunteers, and members), on the forefront of a movement to ensure that everyone -- especially children -- experience an equal opportunity to reach their full potential. In the course of a year, we provide more than 3,000 children, ages 6 weeks through Pre-K with high-quality literacy and STEAM-infused learning; give 58,000 youth and teens access to sports, aquatics, day and resident camps, teen leadership development programs, and employment opportunities; provide over 200,000 members with programs, services, and facilities to enjoy connection and maintain wellness regardless of age; and engage over 25,000 volunteers and donors from across Atlanta to share in the gift of supporting their communities.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Under the direction of the Quality Youth Programs Director, the Manager of Quality Youth Programs will be responsible for aiding the delivery of high-quality programs, program evaluation, and program development and implementation. The Manager of Quality Youth Programs enforces the policies, and procedures of the Y, with a heavy focus on continuous improvement to enhance the impact, and effectiveness of youth programs.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field and 2+ years of experience in youth development, member experience or customer service OR High school degree/GED and 4+ years of experience in youth development, member experience, or customer service or related field
- Must be skilled at planning, organizing, and supporting multiple projects, establishing priorities, and meeting tight deadlines on a weekly basis in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand, communicate, prioritize, and comply with reporting requirements
- Ability to coordinate collection of relevant information from multiple departments while identifying challenges and creative solutions
- Ability to build strong relationships with YMCA branches, peers, and lead through influence to achieve goals
- Excellent attention to detail, follow-through, and execution on compliances
- Strong data management skills to support cabinets, committees, and department leads
- Strong computer proficiency with excellent command of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- CPR/AED certification required within 6 months of employment.
- Ability to establish, collaborate and maintain relationships with staff, YMCA members, volunteers, partnering schools and the public
- High degree of human relation skills, i.e., ability to effectively communicate and manage information to peers, staff, and volunteers
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, work independently, problem-solve, and possess effective time management skills
- Must be able to travel between Metro Atlanta YMCA sites on a daily basis
- Must able to pass an MVR and have own transportation to travel between branches
- A bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of experience in youth development or non-profit
- Minimum of 1 year of supervision experience
- YMCA certifications relevant to role or ability to obtain any necessary YMCA certification within 6 months of hire date
Long periods of standing, talking, hearing, 25% computer input, stooping, bending, lifting to 50 pounds.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check including Criminal Record check, Drug Screening and motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company policy.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US without current or future sponsorship.