South County Branch YMCA
YMCA of Greater Richmond
YMCA of Delaware
Under the general direction of the Chief Operating Officer, the Tybee YMCA Associate Branch Director conducts and administers all membership services, programs, and facility functions of the branch. The individual in this position is responsible for administration of the branch’s budget, leading and directing staff, and development of the local Board of Directors. In addition to the duties below, all employees are responsible for upholding the Judeo-Christian principals that are central to our mission by modeling behaviors that exemplify the four pillars of character – caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
1. Bachelor's degree in human services, recreation, business or a related field,
2. Five or more years of management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
3. Ability to direct assigned operations including volunteer development, supervision
of staff, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations,
and program development.
4. Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations
5. Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
1. Establishes with the branch leadership team long range plans for the expansion of programs and services, in harmony with overall YMCA of Coastal Georgia objectives.
2. Oversees assigned areas of a YMCA branch, including membership, marketing, programs, and/or facilities. Participates in volunteer and staff development, financial development, community relations and collaborations with community agencies.
3. Provides staff support for assigned committees. Provides staff leadership for annual support campaign.
4. Represents and promotes the YMCA in the local community and develops positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community agencies in service delivery area.
5. Recruits, hires, trains, develops and directs employees and volunteers. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
6. Develops, manages, and monitors assigned operating budgets to meet or exceed targets. Recommends adjustments to the budget to ensure a balanced operation and submits reports on current operations.
7. Develops and directs high quality member engagement strategies and programs that support branch and Association mission, goals, and strategies. May direct branch marketing and communication efforts.
8. May ensure the maintenance of facilities and properties of the branch to assure high standards of maintenance, safety, cleanliness and to assure that the requirements of regulatory codes are fully met.
9. Serves as a member of YMCA management and supports the overall objectives of
1. Able to effectively supervise and develop multiple employees and work as a team player.
2. Able to meet deadlines, punctual.
3. Maintain a professional appearance and behavior.
4. Able to work with a wide variety of people and personalities.
5. Able to maintain confidentiality.
6. Have a positive attitude.
7. Be committed to the YMCA mission.
1. YMCA Team Leader or Multi-Team/Branch Leader certification preferred.
2. CPR and First Aid certifications may be required.