Our Y is positioned for significant growth in the years ahead! Come join us in one of the most beautiful parts of Washington State.
Under the supervision of the CEO, the Vice President (VP) of Operations provides oversight and leadership for all three branches of the Olympic Peninsula YMCA, and serves as the Branch Executive for the Sequim YMCA.
The VP of Operations will work alongside the Program Executives for Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility to ensure that the Olympic Peninsula YMCA expands youth programming – including the opening of three early learning centers (2024 and 2025); serves as the community-based leader for health and well-being; and provides vital resources and social services in support of family strengthening and community stability.
The VP of Operations is a member of the CEO's senior leadership team, and provides support in the areas of fiscal management, volunteer development, staff development, philanthropy, and community relationships.
- Oversees daily activities of branch operations to provide exceptional member and participant experiences.
- Implements innovative, best practice strategies to ensure relevant, high impact, outcome-based programs and services.
- Oversees and implements strategies to increase program and membership participation, involvement, and engagement.
- Recruits, supervises, trains, and develops a highly motivated, mission-driven staff team.
- Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and coaches a qualified, dynamic staff team
- Responsible for staff retention and ensures growth and career advancement opportunities for staff
- Fosters a way of work that is strengths-based, collaborative, supportive, open and accepting, and advancing.
- Develops and nurtures a diverse team of volunteers that actively support the Y’s mission, goals and strategic plan.
- Partners with the Board of Directors and community to ensure the Y is identifying and effectively meeting community needs.
- Supports all volunteer efforts throughout the Association, including the work of the Board of Directors and branch community advisory boards.
- Serves as staff lead on all assigned board committees.
- Works with CEO to establish and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy, including year-round impact campaign.
- Helps with identifying opportunities for grants and other financial support for annual and capital development.
- Fosters staff and volunteer engagement in year-round philanthropy.
- Establishes budget and manages financial performance for branch operations.
- Reviews and analyzes monthly branch financial statements and implement action plans with the staff team to meet budget targets.
- Prepares financial variance notes and conducts quarterly forecasting with the staff team.
- Serves as an ambassador for the mission and purpose of the Y, while being active in civic and community groups.
- Strengthens, protects, builds bridges, and extends the reputation and images of the Y throughout the region, increasing awareness of the Y’s brand.
- Belongs and is an active member of a like-minded organization or related community organization(s), inclusive to YUSA and State Alliance related groups.
- Ensures that the Y is represented at all pertinent and relevant community functions, events, and meetings.
- Represents the President & CEO in the community as needed.
Marketing & Communications
- Works to effectively communicate Y’s benefit and impact to members, staff, and the community.
- Demonstrates and communicates the Y’s mission, impact, and strategic initiatives.
- Works in partnership with Facility Director to ensure cleanliness, safety, and maintenance of equipment, facilities and grounds.
- Ensures compliance with all association policies and procedures, including Code of Conduct, Child Abuse Reporting and Prevention, and Aquatic Safety Plans.