To lend support to the entire Summer Camp staff and structure. To provide leadership and guidance to a cabin of children, ensuring the health and well-being of each camper. To participate in the general planning and delivery of the summer camp program.
Must be at least 18 years of age and graduated from High School. Must have a sincere desire to work with children. Have current certifications in CPR and First Aid. Lifeguard certification is encouraged.
- Live with and lead a cabin of campers, help each camper adjust to camp life and build cabin and village unity.
- Lead and/or assist in delivery of all camp activities.
- Guide individual campers in participation of group and camp activities.
- Identify behavior difficulties, document them and correct with assistance of Village Leader and/or Behavior Specialist if needed.
- Follow all camp policies, rules and regulations as prescribed by the Director and Assistant Director.
- Supervise and assist the cabin group in all cleaning activities, including deep cleaning facilities after campers depart.
- Provide support and be a role model to additional cabin members, such as CITs.
- The ability to work in any department assigned when needed such as housekeeping and food service.
- Be trained either as a lifeguard, ropes staff or paddle staff during staff training.
- Evaluate activities and growth of campers at the end of each session through written documentation.
- Any other duties assigned that enhance any/all camp programs and the experiences of all campers and participants at YMCA Storer Camps.