YMCA Blue Ridge, a historic conference center in Black Mountain, NC, is seeking a Human Resource Coordinator.
Under the guidance of the VP of Finance, this position will be responsible for all aspects of staff recruiting and development, including payroll and employee benefits, marketing open positions and leadership programs, designing orientation materials and training, developing recruitment, retention, and leadership development strategies, and overseeing dorm life. This is a hands-on position involved in the Assembly’s day-to-day operations.
- Responsible for bi-weekly employee payroll. Ensure pay rates and employee records are kept up to date in both accounting and time manager systems.
- Negotiate employee benefit package to include health, dental, life, disability, and vision. Assign YMCA memberships, and track employee paid time off.
- Enroll, terminate, and track eligibility for YMCA Retirement system. File accurate and timely reports to Y-Retirement.
- Closely work with all department directors and operations staff to identify and recruit candidates to meet year-round and seasonal staffing needs.
- Develop and implement a recruiting and hiring strategy to meet staff needs.
- Plan and coordinate staff orientation programs to ensure new staff possess a strong understanding of the culture, history and values of the Y and YMCA Blue Ridge Assembly.
- Oversee staff housing and supervise dorm director.
- Plan and coordinate international recruitment by developing training plans. Monitor J-1 visa programs to assure they meet or exceed State Department regulations.
- Promote YMCA Blue Ridge Assembly and develop positive relationships with colleges, visa sponsors, U.S. and international YMCAs, and recruitment agencies.
- Oversee all relevant staff communications, including special events, general notices and orientation schedules.
- Coordinate volunteer programs, including job deployment and housing needs.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range from $38,000 to $42,000 annually and commensurate with candidate experience.
- Eligible for YMCA Retirement Fund after two years: YMCA Blue Ridge contributes an amount equal to 12% of gross pay to the fund at no cost and without any matching requirement.
- Free meals in our dining facilities whenever conference groups are being served.
- Free family membership to the Y of WNC, after a 90-day review period.
- Health insurance, dental, vision, LTD/STD, and life insurance. Offered after a 90-day review period.
- Eligible for Paid Time Off (23 days).