Gaston County Family YMCA
Snow Mountain Ranch YMCA
West Suburban YMCA
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Content Specialist will tell stories that inspire people to take action for themselves and the greater good by utilizing words, photos and videos.
· Minimum of two years of professional marketing and communication experience, preferably with content creation on a variety of social media platforms.
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communications, English or a related field.
1. Plan and develop strategies for delivering content and communications across all internal and external channels.
2. Create and maintain editorial calendars for content marketing efforts.
3. Collaborate with staff association-wide to develop, create and maintain content to further the Y’s strategic goals.
4. Use multimedia to gather, write and produce compelling stories, blogs, social media posts, videos, ads and other content that drives engagement.
5. Support planning and execution of email marketing efforts including newsletters, program messages and donor communications.
6. Create messaging that showcases the impact of Y programs in multiple communities; effectively telling the Y story to increase awareness and position the Y as a leading non-profit, charitable and community organization.
7. Assist with media relations and public relations efforts.
8. Follow and model editorial standards and best practices, including providing writing and proofreading support.
9. Ensure that all dimensions of diversity are represented in content produced.
10. Adhere to YMCA brand standards for voice, text and imagery.
11. Assist as needed with YMCA functions and special events.
12. Accept other duties as assigned from CEO.
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
· Exceptional oral and written communicator with strong copywriting and video production skills.
· Highly sociable, outgoing and curious.
· Able to produce high-quality work at a quick pace on tight deadlines.
· Creative and innovative thinker with ability to add value to team discussions and planning sessions.
· Strong analytical, problem-solving and strategic thinking skills.
· Ability to work under pressure while balancing multiple priorities and completing deadlines.
· Ability to work with others; has professional communication skills for interacting with a variety of audiences.
· Strong technical skills and familiarity with social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn; proficient with social media management and scheduling tools.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Sprout Social and Drupal.
· Models inclusive behaviors and embraces all dimensions of diversity.
· Models YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.