Valley of the Sun YMCA
East Side/Mount Hope YMCA
South County Branch YMCA
We are looking for an experienced, qualified candidate to supervise our growing Learning Tree Preschool development program; provide service in the care, development, and instruction of children, and serve as coordinator of curriculum and staff development.
The Director is responsible for leading a team of staff and volunteers in carrying out the association’s strategic direction, goals, objectives, tactics and strategies as defined by the Association and the strategic plan through a variety of tactics within the service area. The Director is responsible for the development and implementation of tactics, staff and volunteer development, and work effectively with members and community stakeholders.
· Actively participates in the Association’s Financial Development team to implement the Association’s fundraising strategies including the management of an Association event, development of sponsorship opportunities, developing and managing a portfolio of 10-15 major donors and provide support and team leadership to the Association’s annual support campaign in support of the Association’s cause driven initiatives.
· Works with the Branch Director, staff and volunteers to develop mission oriented tactics that meet the needs our members, our community, and our operating objectives. Continuously gather and evaluate community trends.
· Develops strong relationships and partnerships with specialized organizations and civic organizations to ensure we are meeting member and community needs.
· Gather and evaluate market trends and develop effective marketing and communications strategies to promote the Y, initiatives, programs, and benefits.
· Participates in board committees as requested
· Leads and directs program staff and volunteers in the development, implementation, and delivery of tactics in assigned programs. Evaluate programs for operational effectiveness including budgetary goals and impact.
· Recruit, lead, develop and evaluate staff and volunteers.
· Works with the Executive Director to develop operating budget and forecast revenues that ensure growth and sustainability.
· Manages operating budget, controls expense and make adjustments as necessary to ensure budgetary goals are achieved. Meets financial reporting deadlines and requirements as needed.
· Continually updates signage and program promotional materials to ensure strong communication throughout the YMCA.
· Adheres to and enforces association/program standards including safety and cleanliness standards
· Follows CDC, state and county guidelines, procedures and recommendations around health screening, cleaning, sanitation and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), i.e. face masks
· Actively walk-through facility/program engaging with members/participants, keeping vigilant for potential health and safety risks, clean/disinfecting and put away equipment/supplies
· Model social distancing and safe practices to our co-workers, members, program participants, volunteers and community members
· Serves as a member of Y management and supports the overall objectives and the mission of the YMCA.
· Act as representative of the YMCA of the Foothills at all times.
Meet the requirements for the Child Development Program Director as outlined at https://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/child-development-permits-(cl-797)