Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger, beginning with you.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Working knowledge of the outdoors.
- Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Facilitate small group activities in a camp setting.
- Engage camp participants in a culturally relevant way that encourages enthusiasm for learning.
- Plans and implements program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA values.
- Ensure any required testing is complete.
- Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
- Report all necessary incidents or items in need of repair to immediate supervisor.
- Ensure activity areas are inspected; ensure no hazards are present and set boundaries and the safety and well-being of the participants.
- Models and ensures that respect for the backgrounds, and needs of all participant and staff are integrated into both program planning and implementation.
- Maintain positive role model and attitude.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Community - Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
Communication - Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively.
Developing Others - Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Decision Making - Makes sounds judgements, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
Quality Results - Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Emotional Maturity - Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths, and limitations and how they impact relationships.