Our YMCAs are some of the finest in the nation and Wichita, KS is a great community with an affordable cost of living.
GENERAL FUNCTION:Under the guidance of the Chief Operations Officer, the Vice President of Programs is responsible for strategic planning, implementation of new programs to scale and growth by providing leadership from the association level through Cabinets and collaboration among branches. Programs include dance, gymnastics, youth & family, martial arts, climb, aquatics, sports, wellness (fitness and group exercise) and all FamFest events. Components of the success of this position will be quality programming, facilitating/leading staff through association initiatives and programs, and overseeing the participation registration and NPS process. This role will work closely with all branch program directors and senior program directors as well as Metro support staff to have a unified and consistent approach and participant experience. It is anticipated an average workweek will consist of 50 hours to complete duties.
- Facilitate Program Cabinets to ensure collaboration and consistency across branches, and to drive innovation and improve the overall program experience.
- Lead the development and implementation of strategies and processes to produce high-quality programming, including curriculum development, audits, and in-services to meet desired goals.
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop and implement a comprehensive program recruitment strategy that aligns with the organization's overall marketing goals and objectives.
- Manage the registration process for programs: grid sheets, Sports registration forms, Personify improvements, reports and audits.
- Manage the NPS surveys process for all programs, including the creation and maintenance of distribution lists to improve the quality and efficiency of the survey process and drive actionable insights.
- Benchmark NPS results across branches and programs to identify areas for improvement and drive organizational excellence.
- Conduct site visits and audits at branches to ensure programs are successful and to identify areas for improvement.
- Provide support and implementation of all annual inservice events.
- Conduct annual competitive analysis to identify competitors and research marketing strategies to keep the Y programs relevant and growing.
- Manage FamFest for the association; work closely with each branch on coordination of events throughout the year to ensure the event’s success.
- Work with Marketing on a centralized YMCA360 Worlds management strategy.
- Develop and implement a process for identifying and developing new program opportunities that align with the organization's mission and vision, meet the needs of the community, and drive sustainable growth.
EFFECT ON END RESULT: Leadership that ensures the achievement of program participation and revenue goals for the association with high levels of satisfaction and retention.
- Bachelor’s degree, master's degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of senior-level management experience required
- A minimum of 5 years leading groups and teams to success
- Commitment to the YMCA mission, vision and values
- Must attend New Employee Orientation within 30 days of hire
- Complete required trainings in accordance with Conditions of Employment
- Understand how to and be able to secure resources and support
- Understand and abide-by all policies and procedures as set forth by the association
- Work a schedule that reflects the needs of the position which includes evenings and weekends – when programs are running
- Must be able to routinely perform the following physical activities; climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for extended periods of time, walk, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity to perform detailed tasks
- Must have ability to lead and delegate to others and communicate effectively; both orally and in writing
- Must possess problem solving, organizational and task management skills; ability to make independent and sound decisions in a rapidly changing environment
- Must be detail oriented and exhibit a high degree of accuracy and alertness
- Must demonstrate initiative in absence of supervision
- Must be able to relate to and work with diverse groups of people in a friendly and consistent manner
- Must work collaboratively as a team member as well as independently and lead by assigned goals, duties and deadlines
- Must possess ability to exercise high levels of discretion and confidentiality
- Must present a neat and professional appearance at all times