The Gateway Region YMCA is looking for a motivated individual for our Sr. Teen Program Director position.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Senior Teen Program Director oversees programming serving individuals within an age category of 13 – 21 years old. The position will develop, implement and oversee the program development and program implementation of teen programs. This position will plan and lead a wide range of youth and teen programs.
Full Compensation Package (when applicable):
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings
- Retirement fund of 12% per pay period after 2 years of full time employment
- 20% Discount on tuition at Missouri Baptist University
- 20% Discount on Tuition at Fontbonne University
- Free household membership to YMCA nationwide
- Discounts on YMCA programs
- Discounts on YMCA Childcare
Housed at our Emerson YMCA location, supporting the Suburban Region.
- Directs and supervises teen program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs staff and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Establishes new program activities and expands programs within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information, may organize and schedule program registrations. May review and process program scholarship applications.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and events.
- Assists in YMCA fundraising activities and special events.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in programs.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Oversees all aspects of teen programs.
- Will participate in pursuit of identifying sustainable funds: identifying grants, donors and grant writing
- Recruit teens of both genders and all ages for teen programs.
- Prepare teens for success through programs, activities and services provided by YMCA.
- Implement teen programs by partnering with local resources.
- Contribute to developing partnerships with parents and families.
- Develop new programs with input from teen focus groups, surveys, parents, schools community partners.
- Keep current on teen activity trends will develop a full range of programs to meet the needs of teens in the community.
- Assist and organize special youth and teen events related to teen programs that are open to members and nonmembers.
- Work in conjunction with Teen PMT and Marketing department to develop a plan, in concert with the branch marketing and communications to specifically reach teens.
- Organizes and hosts season parties and events.
- Compile program statistics, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of participation in programs.
- Organizes and conducts volunteer training and meetings.
- Collaborates with branch staff throughout the Association in the development of teen programs.
- Trains branch staff throughout the Association in working with teens
- Serve as a member of the Teen Program Management Team.
The YMCA Welcomes a Diverse Workforce
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
The Gateway Region YMCA strictly follows a zero tolerance policy regarding child abuse.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies