The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
To help fulfill our mission, we cultivate a culture of learning, leading, and collaboration to enhance community impact. Through our talented staff and “LEAP” career framework (Leadership, Empowerment, Accountability, Personal Growth), we are committed to a people-first approach that fosters trust, inclusion, growth, and development for all.
The Cross Island YMCA is seeking a Business Office HR Coordinator. Under the supervision of Business Manager, the Business Office HR Coordinator will provide daily Human Resources, Payroll, and some areas of Financial Business support to the branch(es).
Responsible for the processing of employment and volunteer documents in a timely manner – includes, but not limited to:
- Entry of employee and/or volunteer screening into applicable system
- Assists with Youth & Family screening and agency processing
- Assists with conducting new hire orientations/paperwork review with new or rehired staff (ie. Benefit powerpoint, paperwork, etc)
- Generates and maintains supply of New Hire Packets, Status Change forms, etc.
- Data entry into CONNECT:HR is timely and accurate
- Assists with the maintenance and accuracy filing of all employee and volunteer files
- Will assist supervisor to ensure appropriate staff/agencies are notified within the required timeframe regarding the following but not limited to:
- Assisting with leave requests including FMLA, disability, paid family leave, personal leave, etc.
- Help coordinate medical plan changes, providing staff with benefit summaries and information
- Provides overview of health insurance, retirement, direct deposit, etc.
- Provide vacation, sick and personal benefits upon request
- Assist with employment verification requests
- Timely response to unemployment claims in the absence of supervisor
- Timely entry of Workers Comp claims in the absence of supervisor
- Assist with tracking training completions for all staff in the borough to ensure compliance including but not limited to Armatus, Preventing Sexual Harassment, time-clock use, etc
- Assist in preparing branches daily deposits, bank and credit card reconciliation and reporting. Resolve and track chargebacks
- Assist in processing of accounts payable vouchers, invoices, reconciling with
- Accounts Payable system and updating AP & PO tracking reports. Run open PO and IOH reports to notify branch staff.
- Assist in handling petty cash flow, audit receipts and prepare account payable reimbursement voucher.
- Assist in collecting of purchasing card documents and submitting to AO.
- Assist in distribution of financial report to all branch department heads.
- Maintain and update business office records for branches within borough, including vendor files and business office archives in accordance with the File Retention guidelines.
- Assist in government contract record keeping an reporting to the agency in a timely manner.
- Act as back-up for branches Administrative Assistant (ie assisting department heads, distributing mail, etc)
- Assist branches with maintaining all office equipment and computers; order and manage equipment supplies. Help create and submit HelpDesk tickets.
- Order and manage inventory of branch office supplies.