YMCA of Greater Louisville
YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas
Eastside Branch YMCA
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Develops, organizes and implements high quality YMCA program(s).
1. Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent.
2. One to two years related experience preferred.
3. Minimum age requirements may apply; for example, minimum age of 21.
4. Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include: completion of: Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff; Working with Program Volunteers; CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens.
5. Completion of YMCA program-specific certifications.
6. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of
. Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives.
2. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs staff and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
3. Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
4. Ensures high quality member-focused programs through innovative program development, evaluations and ongoing training of staff.
5. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information, may organize and schedule program registrations. May review and process program scholarship applications.
6. Develops and controls department budgets related to the position.
7. Provides leadership and support to sponsorship and volunteer committees.
8. Develops and maintains effective working relationships within the community.
9. Ensures that program standards are met, and ensures safety, cleanliness and function of all related facilities and equipment.
10. Models’ relationship-building skills in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
11. Act as the Y advocate for Youth in all areas including youth development, safety, child abuse prevention, etc. Teach Child Abuse Prevention Training, and other required training, annually and assist with training new staff during the onboarding process.
12. Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
13. Assures compliance with state and local regulations.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change, models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.