Rockbridge Area YMCA
Northside Family YMCA
YMCA of Greater Richmond
After School Site Director/Summer Camp Director, Framingham, Massachusetts
At the MetroWest YMCA, our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you! Competitive pay and benefits! Salary range $50,000-$60,000/annually based on experience and site size! Equal Opportunity Employer.
The After School Site Director/Summer Camp Director in Framingham oversees the development and operations of a School’s Out site (OST – Out of School Time), has a leadership role during summer camp, and supports efforts to strengthen entire School’s Out program.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee needs sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions, to safely engage with children, and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent is preferred and commitment to ongoing professional development.
At least two years of experience with elementary school age children in a licensed OST program (including summer camp). Experience and training relating to working with high-needs children preferred.
Compliance with EEC and DPH licensing regulations.
Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
Ability to attend School’s Out after school daily and closure day programming.
For Site Directors who also have a Before School Program at their site: ability to oversee and support before school onsite including building relationships with children, staff, and families; observe program operations; and provide coverage as needed.
1. Manages, directs and coordinates the School’s Out site. Ensures high quality program, designs practices, processes, and procedures for a high quality program.
2. Recruits and hires diverse staff and volunteer teams across multiple dimensions of diversity. Onboards and develops them for success.
3. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with children, families, staff, and schools. Maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within area of responsibility.
4. Manages the program, including developing and monitoring the program budget to meet fiscal objectives; providing developmentally appropriate curricula including clubs that are linked to the Curriculum Frameworks and supports school day learning.
5. Assures compliance with the Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) and the Child and Adult Care Food (CACFP) Program regulations. Ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed. Provides staff leadership for annual fundraising campaign and committees as assigned.
6. Maintains proper records/department files.
7. Facilitates Family Advisory Council meetings and organizes special events for parents. Assists in YMCA fundraising activities.
8. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.