Today, we’re looking for you to join us as we carry out our mission to positively impact lives and communities across the state.
As a thought-leader and best-in-class provider in education, wellness, youth development, and community-building, The YMCA of Metro Atlanta is one of the oldest and most essential non-profits serving in Atlanta. Today, we’re looking for you to join us as we carry out our mission to positively impact lives and communities across the state.
At the Y, we’re an association of like-minded people (staff, volunteers, and members), on the forefront of a movement to ensure that everyone -- especially children -- experience an equal opportunity to reach their full potential. In the course of a year, we provide more than 3,000 children, ages 6 weeks through Pre-K with high-quality literacy and STEAM-infused learning; give 58,000 youth and teens access to sports, aquatics, day and resident camps, teen leadership development programs, and employment opportunities; provide over 200,000 members with programs, services, and facilities to enjoy connection and maintain wellness regardless of age; and engage over 25,000 volunteers and donors from across Atlanta to share in the gift of supporting their communities.
Nature and Scope
Under the direction of the Vice President of Institutional and Public Funding, the Director of Donor Relations will advance the YMCA of Metro Atlanta’s mission by providing timely and compelling communications pieces to engage, cultivate, and steward donors. As a member of the Advancement team, this position collaborates across the association to ensure donors and prospects understand the YMCA’s mission, vision, and programs through proposals, reports, and communications.
Development Writing and Editorial Services
- Consult and collaborate with subject matter experts across association to collect and synthesize information, conduct research, analyze and interpret data for proposals, mid-cycle and final grant reports, and other fundraising collateral.
- Create compelling communications pieces such as proposals, presentation decks, impact reports, and funder communications while working under pressure to meet demanding deadlines.
- Serve as the central hub for outgoing fundraising communications to ensure coherence of messaging and standardization per style guides and branding.
- Partner with Development, Social Impact, Program and Experience leads to understand ongoing status of organizational priorities.
- Create and maintain custom cases for support and donor engagement pieces for branches that align with community needs and strategic priorities.
- Maintain a repository of fundraising-related content and language for use by Marketing, Communications, and branch communications.
- Draft personalized communications to donors on behalf of the president and senior leadership.
- Supervise contractor and vendors supporting writing and editorial services.
- Work alongside program directors and Social Impact to ensure grant-funded programs have effective evaluation processes in place.
- Lead and/or support communications for special projects including the annual report and award nominations.
- Work with Marketing and Communications to ensure consistent messaging in all written materials.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive donor stewardship program including protocol for gift recognition, as well as supporter benefits by investment level.
- Develop and implement system to ensure timely execution of supporter benefits.
- Deliver orientation to new members of the fundraising team, including branch Executive Directors, regarding writing and editorial and donor stewardship strategies and processes.