Today, we’re looking for you to join us as we carry out our mission to positively impact lives and communities across the state.
As a thought-leader and best-in-class provider in education, wellness, youth development, and community-building, The YMCA of Metro Atlanta is one of the oldest and most essential non-profits serving in Atlanta. Today, we’re looking for you to join us as we carry out our mission to positively impact lives and communities across the state.
At the Y, we’re an association of like-minded people (staff, volunteers, and members), on the forefront of a movement to ensure that everyone -- especially children -- experience an equal opportunity to reach their full potential. In the course of a year, we provide more than 3,000 children, ages 6 weeks through Pre-K with high-quality literacy and STEAM-infused learning; give 58,000 youth and teens access to sports, aquatics, day and resident camps, teen leadership development programs, and employment opportunities; provide over 200,000 members with programs, services, and facilities to enjoy connection and maintain wellness regardless of age; and engage over 25,000 volunteers and donors from across Atlanta to share in the gift of supporting their communities.
Nature and Scope:
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Director Member Experience will lead, plan, administer and evaluate the membership sales, retention, and engagement department. This includes the supervision of all staff related to the membership department. The Director Member Experience leads branch membership staff in attracting, engaging and retaining members. This position is primarily responsible for the design and implementation of a branch membership acquisition plan and member experience plan, in alignment with association initiatives. Successful implementation of defined engagement and acquisition plans will result in surpassing monthly new membership goals, increased member retention, above average Listen 360 Net Promoter Scores and exceeding budget revenue and expense expectations. The Director Member Experience plays a leadership role in engaging with additional branch directors to ensure high quality member and staff communication, with an end result of fostering high member engagement and retention.
- Associate's degree required in related field with at least 5 years of equivalent experience.
- High degree of human relation skills: ability to effectively communicate and manage information to program participants, community leaders, and volunteers and staff of all ages
- Ability to establish, collaborate and maintain relationships with all stakeholders
- Exemplify YMCA ideals, leadership qualities and a professional image
- A high level of knowledge of computers, various technology and applications
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, work independently, problem solve and possess effective time management skills
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- YMCA Team Leader certification preferred.
- One to two years related experience preferred.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check, drug screen and motor vehicle record
- Within 30 days of hire, completion of Child Abuse Prevention, Working with Program Volunteers, CPR, First Aid, AED, and Bloodborne Pathogens training.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee needs sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check including Criminal Record check, Drug Screening and motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company policy.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US without current or future sponsorship