Providence Metropolitan YMCA
West Side Branch YMCA
YMCA of Broome County
Directs the maintenance and improvement of facilities, grounds, and vehicles. This position will oversee repairs in all areas of the facility that include, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, dry wall, painting, pumps/pools, etc. This person will also be responsible for preventive maintenance of the facility, including all mechanical equipment, fitness equipment, vehicles, etc.
1. Three or more years of experience in facility management or closely related field.
2. Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems, carpentry, and other maintenance-related areas.
3. Skills in supervision, budget management and project management.
4. Ability and current license to drive with record that meets YMCA standards.
5. Familiarity with personal computers helpful.
6. Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
1. Thinks, communicates, and behaves as a cause driven leader and role model for staff and members, promoting youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
2. Provides overall coordination of facility maintenance, including planning and developing preventative maintenance.
3. Ensures the proper operation of all mechanical systems.
4. Completes repair work and projects in a timely manner. Oversees all contractors that work in the facility and grounds. May request and review bids and recommend selection of contractors.
5. Works with outside agencies such as fire, health, building depts., etc. to ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations related to facilities and grounds.
6. Advises management on maintenance issues and projects as requested.
7. Ensures that assigned vehicles (and other equipment) are maintained and operated in accordance with the policies and procedures of the YMCA.
8. Updates facility plans periodically. May develop annual plan of capital projects, consistent with the YMCA’s strategic plan and community needs.
9. Attends trainings, seminars and conference related to the position and leadership development process.
10. Participates in the Annual Campaign by personally giving and promotion.
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y’s values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change, models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.