YMCA of Western North Carolina Inc.
YMCA of Grants Pass Oregon
Haverford Area YMCA
Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes camper safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
1. Minimum age of 16 years old.
2. Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid and Emergency Oxygen.
3. Current American Red Cross Lifeguard or equivalent.
4. Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.
5. Good role model, high integrity and professionalism, and adaptable.
6. Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
7. Committing to support and further our anti-racist work as an organization. Learning about our initiatives, the continuous work that our organization and staff are working on and being able to vocalize with members if needed.
8. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
9. Punctual and reliable.
1. Maintains active surveillance of the pool area. Be proactive in injury prevention.
2. Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Completes related reports (i.e. incident and accident reports) as required in a timely manner.
3. Must present a professional demeanor in proper uniform.
4. Active support of our DEIB statement and putting into practice our commitment to equity, diversity, belonging and inclusion. Continue to think about strategies to support diversity goals of the organization.
5. Maintains effective, positive relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
6. Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the waterfront and aquatic area. Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code.
7. Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
8. Performs regular chemical checks and circulation of pools as needed.
9. Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving and during shift.
10. Cleans pool deck area when not guarding, as required, and takes appropriate action.
11. Attends all staff meetings and in-service training.
12. Willingness to accept responsibilities and duties other than those assigned.
Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid and Emergency Oxygen. Current American Red Cross Lifeguard or equivalent.