Gateway Region YMCA
YMCA of Metropolitan Atlanta Inc.
Hampshire Regional YMCA
Under the direct supervision of the Facilities Director, the Assistant Director shall assist in the day-to-day maintenance, housekeeping and facility upkeep of the West Suburban YMCA. This position will be responsible for cleaning and sanitizing assigned areas, including such duties as mopping, dusting, and trash removal. May complete duties related to window washing, meeting set up, pool cleaning, snow removal, groundskeeping, times of emergencies and other related responsibilities. This position will be at our Wells Ave. location.
1. Two years or more of related facility management experience preferred.
2. Project management experience preferred.
3. Knowledge of maintenance functions and techniques, OSHA standards, state and local fire codes and other safety regulations required. The ability to organize and provide the maintenance needs of the facility and to work with outside vendors and contractors as required.
4. Proficient in computer technology (Microsoft Office Suite, facility systems, etc.)
5. Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents.
6. Committing to support and further our anti-racist work as an organization.
7. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
8. Ability to report and record maintenance requests through required technology and systems used.
9. Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment.
10. Resourceful, innovative, proactive and forward thinking and committed.
11. Good analytical ability to gather and interpret information and develop, recommend, and implement solutions.
12. Strong working knowledge of Electrical, Controls and Mechanical Systems
13. Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment. Strong knowledge of preventative maintenance practices and procedures
14. Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use.
15. Valid driver license.
16. CPO certification within 90 days of hire.
17. Must be able to work varied hours (to include days, evenings, weekends and possibly holidays) depending on operational needs.
18. YMCA Team Leader certification.
19. Current CPR, AED and First Aid certification.
1. Ensures Y is attractive and clean by completing all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintains upkeep of assigned area and equipment. May perform wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing, pool cleaning, painting, vacuuming, seasonal activities dealing with lawn care and snow removal, and general cleaning.
2. Highly organized, able to multi-task and efficient in project management.
3. Must be able to work varied hours (to include days, evenings, weekends and possibly holidays) depending on operational needs.
4. Active support of our DEIB statement and putting into practice our commitment to equity, diversity, belonging and inclusion. Continue to research, create, recommend and implement strategies to support diversity goals of the organization.
5. Valid Driver’s License.
6. Operates related motorized and non-motorized equipment.
7. Records and reports all needed repairs; repairs as directed.
8. Ensures YMCA building and property is secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor. Ensures that all safety procedures are followed.
9. Replaces soap, paper towels, and other supplies.
10. Assists in ordering any supplies needed.
11. May set up furniture for meetings and events.
12. Maintenance on both Camp properties- Camp Chickami and CFAD.
13. Routine maintenance on pools.
14. Assists Facility Director in monitoring monthly financial reports to ensure that expenses are controlled.
15. Assists Facility Director in completing all monthly, quarterly and yearly reports.
16. Participates in inspections (surveys) conducted by authorized agencies.
17. Participates in quality assurance and improvement processes within the facility.
19. Attends monthly all staff meetings, department meetings and emergency procedure meetings.
20. Perform all other duties assigned.
1. Valid driver license.
2. CPO certification within 90 days of hire.
3. Current CPR, AED and First Aid certification.