The YMCA of Metro Atlanta is one of the oldest and most essential non-profits serving in Atlanta.
As a thought-leader and best-in-class provider in education, wellness, youth development, and community-building, The YMCA of Metro Atlanta is one of the oldest and most essential non-profits serving in Atlanta. Today, we’re looking for you to join us as we carry out our mission to positively impact lives and communities across the state.
At the Y, we’re an association of like-minded people (staff, volunteers, and members), on the forefront of a movement to ensure that everyone -- especially children -- experience an equal opportunity to reach their full potential. In the course of a year, we provide more than 3,000 children, ages 6 weeks through Pre-K with high-quality literacy and STEAM-infused learning; give 58,000 youth and teens access to sports, aquatics, day and resident camps, teen leadership development programs, and employment opportunities; provide over 200,000 members with programs, services, and facilities to enjoy connection and maintain wellness regardless of age; and engage over 25,000 volunteers and donors from across Atlanta to share in the gift of supporting their communities.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Under the direction of the Director, Enterprise Services, the Business Systems Analyst works in partnership with YMCA departments and system owners to understand their goals, tactics and needed business capabilities, and recommends solutions that enable efficient and effective operations and growth. The incumbent will design, develop, test, launch, and maintain a portfolio of systems, tools, and workflows that enable business operations, decision-making, personal productivity, cross-team interaction, and employee and customer engagement.
- Associate degree in a technology field and 3+ years of experience or a high school diploma and 4+ years of experience as a business systems analyst
- Building, maintaining, documenting, and supporting complex, reliable and accurate systems
- Microsoft certification
- SaaS solutions and application integration services
- Microsoft Azure & Active Directory
- Business intelligence, data visualization and reporting services
- Microsoft 365 Global Administration and Management
- Microsoft Office Apps, SharePoint, Teams
- Thirst for knowledge, intellectual curiosity
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Logical and efficient
- Thinks critically, evaluates assumptions, and has a keen attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Solves a range of straightforward problems; analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Ability to work across the organization
- Strong customer-service / user-experience orientation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both in person and written
- Ability to travel approximately up to 5% (can be up to 1 - 3 days or more in a month, including weekends, depending upon scheduling requirements)
- Ability to work out of core office hours as required to achieve personal and departmental goals, and to respond to critical incidents
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology field
- 5+ years of experience as a business systems analyst
- Certifications: Microsoft and/or other certifications a plus
- Azure Data Factory a plus
- Knowledge about the YMCA Movement
- PowerBI and SQL a plus
- Mobile web and/or mobile apps is a plus
- PowerShell, SSO a plus
- Intune a plus
- Forms, Flow, Automate a plus
- Other certifications a plus
Physical requirements include frequent standing, sitting, walking, lifting 20-50 lbs., reaching and manual dexterity skills to operate computer. Occasionally may stoop/squat, crawl/crouch, pull/push, twist trunk/neck climb, and grasp or squeeze with right and left hard in completing required tasks of position. Communications skills necessary for this position include writing, speech, vision, hearing and reading comprehension.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check including Criminal Record check, Drug Screening and motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company policy.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US without current or future sponsorship.
Strategy & Planning:
- Meet with system / process owners and end-users to understand their business and operations, goals, challenges, and opportunities.
- Analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of business systems, reporting / analytics systems, and collaboration tools, and identify opportunities to further leverage, retire or replace these systems.
- Maintain a catalog of common patterns to be reused in new solution designs.
- Conduct interviews and gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, and site visits.
- Lead design sessions to define or prototype system features.
- Participate in functional user groups and other meetings, sharing problems and identifying solutions across multiple YMCA business teams and systems.
- Confirm and manage the priorities of current and upcoming customer work requests.
- Stay current on technology trends, understand, and research emerging technologies, and evaluate feasibility and practical application for the benefit of the YMCA.
Acquisition & Development:
- Participate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Prepare requests for proposal, conduct research on software and hardware products, vendors, and consultants, and perform cost-benefit analyses to justify recommendations.
- Translate business needs into functional / technical solutions and operational processes.
- Design, build, configure, and maintain responsive, flexible, and scalable solutions.
- Plan and perform in-depth functional, non-functional and regression testing, with expected results and end-user reviews, to ensure features and functions have been correctly enabled and optimized.
- Provide orientation and training to YMCA teams, including IT operations, to ensure the solution is appropriately sustained.
- Create systems models, specifications, diagrams, charts, and other required documentation to guide application developers and IT operations teams.
- Ensure that deliverables adhere to YMCA architecture and security standards, and external regulations, and that solutions operate efficiently and reliably.
- Ensure that robust dev-ops processes and procedures are followed and that all systems are fully supportable prior to migration to a production state.
Service Delivery & Operational Management:
- Deliver assignments on time, with high quality and with no surprises.
- Develop and provide subject matter expertise and support for enterprise systems and tools.
- Collaborate with customers to ensure their systems and IT service delivery meets business needs and expectations.
- Quickly respond to and resolve incidents, conduct root cause analysis, and take corrective and preventative measures to reduce the risk of recurrence.
- Promptly inform management of any incidents that compromise the information of any person or organization on which YMCA maintains data.
- Adhere to IT principles, architectures, methods, policies, and procedures, and maintain required documentation.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house and externally hosted systems.
- Ensure YMCA controls, external regulations and IT principles are followed by all delivering IT services to YMCA.
- Maintain an inventory of all applications used by YMCA, and periodically assess business, technical and operational health with the goal of informing future investments.