In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Chief Financial Officer serves on the CEO’s senior leadership team; oversees and manages financial matters, investments and information systems; and provides strategic direction and leadership for YMCA business operations and initiatives. The Chief Financial Officer also positions the Y as a community convener and collaborator to address critical social issues.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or equivalent preferred; MBA, CPA or CMA preferred.
- YMCA Organizational Leader certification preferred.
- Eight years of substantive experience in accounting and fiscal management; experience with New Market Tax Credits preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of general business matters required including budget development, financial reporting, cash management, business taxes, banking and debt financing instruments.
- Knowledge of computer systems, including experience with system selection, new system implementation and project management.
- Personal computer skills required.
- Experience with investment management and asset allocation preferred.
- Experience in effectively managing a staff team.
- Previous experience with voluntary/nonprofit organizations preferred.