Providence Metropolitan YMCA
Cumberland Cape Atlantic YMCA
YMCA of Greater Monmouth County
Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer / Chief Financial Officer, the Vice President of Finance has accountability for financial management, external and internal financial reporting, internal control, grant compliance, and payroll services for the Association. This position has primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, managing, and controlling all accounting related activities of the Association.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
· Certified Public Accountant with active license.
· At least 10 years of experience in the financial management of nonprofits or a significant corporate entity.
· Auditing experience preferred.
· Strong leadership skills, including mentoring, coaching, and leading a diverse team.
· Ability to operate as both an effective tactical leader and strategic thinker.
· Sophisticated skill level in MS Office and Google Workspace.
· Experience with cloud based financial reporting tools a plus.
· Experience with Federal Grants and Single Audit requirements a plus.
· Team player with excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to confidently interface with senior management, volunteer groups and staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Change Leadership: Facilitates, co-creates and implements equitable change for the good of the organization and / or community.
Functional Expertise: Executes superior technical skills for the role.
Program / Project Management: Ensure program or project goals are met and intended impact occurs.
Developing Self and Others: Develops self and supports others (e.g. staff, volunteers, members, program participants), both formally and informally, to achieve their highest potential.