YMCA of South Hampton Roads
YMCA of Greater Louisville
YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas
Candidate must be a cause driven leader with knowledge of all aspects of operations including, effective staff recruitment, supervision and development, successful membership practices, quality program development and implementation, fiscal management, financial development and facility management.
About the YMCA of Greater Monmouth County:
The YMCA of Greater Monmouth County serves over 36,000 people annually of all ages, incomes and backgrounds. Our life-changing programs and services are anchored in 10 communities: health and wellness facilities in Freehold Township, Old Bridge and Red Bank; outdoor day camps in Millstone and Wall; counseling and social service centers in Eatontown, Matawan and Middletown; child care centers in Freehold Township and Red Bank; and off-site additional programming at over 100 schools in Monmouth, Ocean, and Middlesex counties. Members and the greater community access a wide range of programs that support and strengthen lives including outreach programs, civic engagement, counseling and social services programs, Togetherhood volunteer programs and social responsibility initiatives that give back to local communities in need.
The Red Bank community is a premiere Monmouth County location with easy access to restaurants, shopping, transportation, and the beautiful Jersey Shore. The 5th most densely populated town in Monmouth County, Red Bank is notable for its entertainment and cultural centers, hosting Count Basie Theater, Two River Theater, art galleries, music venues, restaurants, and well-known businesses. Just one hour from New York City, Monmouth County ranks as one of the most “livable and family friendly” metropolitan suburbs, with the advantage of proximity to Jersey Shore communities.
The Red Bank Family Y is centrally located in the desirable 2.16 square mile Red Bank Borough, seated on the southern bank of the Navesink River, 7 miles from the beach. It is conveniently accessible by car, bus, train and walking distance to local residences and business communities.
Many annual events happen throughout the year, including the Red Bank 5K, International Beer, Wine & Food Festival, long-running sidewalk sale, Farmers Market, Jazz Festival, Indie Film Festival, Red Bank Guinness Oyster Festival, Halloween Parade, and Holiday Town Lighting.
$80,000-$95,000 annually based on education, training, and experience. Full-time, salaried position with benefits including 7% paid retirement upon eligibility. Benefits also include full family or individual medical and dental, generous holiday and vacation allowances, complimentary YMCA family membership and YMCA childcare and program discounts.
· Knowledge of all aspects of operations including effective staff recruitment, supervision and development, successful membership practices, quality program development and implementation, fiscal management, financial development, and facility management.
· Capable administrator, comfortable working in a multifaceted YMCA operation with a unique mix of staff, members, and programs.
· Proficiency in developing and leading a team of staff and volunteer leaders.
· Ability to relate to diverse groups of people from all socioeconomic segments of the community.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
· Effective planner and organizer with ability to lead and implement long range and annual tactical plans.
· Experience with successful annual support campaigns, fundraising, and special events.
· Ability to develop and strengthen community relationships and build mutually beneficial partnerships and collaborations.
· Experience leading volunteers and committees.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and personal values consistent with the YMCA mission.
· Minimum 3-5 years of YMCA or comparable managerial experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field.
· YMCA Multi-Team or Branch Leader Certification preferred.
· Must have visual, physical and auditory ability to act swiftly in emergency situations.
At the heart of the Red Bank community since 1874, the Red Bank Family YMCA is centrally located on Maple Avenue. The building is 48,000 square feet with state-of-the-art amenities including a full gymnasium, dedicated fitness space with updated strength and cardio equipment, 2 indoor pools (6-lane and therapeutic), whirlpool spa, steam room/sauna, indoor track with strength-training stations, group exercise studios, group cycling studio, outdoor basketball and pickleball courts, outdoor functional fitness station, and youth programming areas.
This position also oversees programming at Camp Zehnder, a year-round Day Camp and Aquatics facility located in Wall NJ.
$3.7 million operating budget, with a revenue mix of 55% membership, 36% programs, 5% fundraising, and 4% other.
Five career professionals, and over 220 additional full- and part-time staff. Direct reports include Membership Director, Aquatics Director, Wellness Director, Sports and Youth Directors.
Membership & Programs:
Facility membership base of 6,000 members and an additional 5,000 program participants. Financial assistance and subsidies account for over 10% of those served.
Program offerings at Red Bank include youth and adult swim lessons, a nationally ranked competitive swim team, summer camps, youth and adult sports clinics and leagues, over 50 group exercise classes per week, personal training, chronic disease prevention, birthday parties, member/family events, classes and events for seniors, STEAM programs, family and adult recreational activities, and lifesaving instruction.
The Red Bank Family YMCA is highly regarded as a community and wellness center, here to support health and well-being for all ages, interests, and abilities. It bridges the West and East sides of Red Bank, reaching a diverse cultural and economic population, families of all ages and sizes, and senior citizens. The service area also includes communities such as Little Silver, Rumson, Fairhaven, Middletown, Eatontown, Tinton Falls, Shrewsbury, Long Branch, and Asbury Park. The total service area population is approximately 115,000.
The Red Bank Family YMCA is committed to addressing critical social issues including chronic disease prevention and support, youth/teen development, academic/social equity, support for families, mental health support, water safety, and connecting/engaging people. The Y is also an important partner to many local, charitable organizations with a shared mission, including Lunch Break, HABcore, Parker Family Health Center, VNA, local Red Bank schools and religious institutions, and more.
· Community: Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the Y’s efforts for all stakeholders.
· Influence: Serves as a community leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance the Y’s mission and goals.
· Relationships: Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the Y.
· Developing Others: Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
· Innovation: Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities
· Quality Results: Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement.
· Change Capacity: Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change.
· Emotional Maturity: Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning.