Associate Director - Aquatics - Multiple Locations
Boston, MA, US
Requisition ID: 1983
This position is primarily responsible, under the supervision of the Aquatic Director, for assisting in the planning, organizing, directing, budgeting and evaluating those programs within his/her program area in accordance with the mission, purposes and polices of the association. Additional responsibilities include recruiting, orienting, training and supervising all staff, paid and volunteer, related to his/her area of responsibility. This position will act on behalf of the Aquatic Director in his/her absence, and, at all times, shall work within the guidelines of the aquatic policies.
- Provide excellent member service by exceeding member expectations.
- Engage in active listening with members in order to build relationships, understand individual’s goals and interests, and take the initiative to assist in the achievement of those goals.
- Responsible for recruiting, scheduling and supervising (in consultation with Aquatic Director) of all lifeguard and instructor personnel.
- Work with Aquatic Director to develop, oversee and monitor Aquatics budget.
- Work with supervisor in the planning and scheduling of program facilities for the smooth functioning of daily operations.
- Work to review staff, class, and pool scheduling.
- Work closely with the Aquatic Director in the execution of the Instructional swim programs.
- Teach and/or guard as needed, up to 20 hours per week.
- Be available to assist with registration and answer questions from members, program participants and staff.
- Provide on-going training and development of aquatic personnel.
- In conjunction with Aquatic Director, oversee all requires safety and quality training, drills, and documentation.
- Share responsibility with supervisor for the care and maintenance of facility and related program equipment.
- Assist in ordering equipment purchases and Aquatic/First Aid supplies as necessary.
- Maintain concise records essential for control, evaluation and reporting to committees, Board and Aquatics Director.
- Establish a working relationship with community agencies, businesses, schools and other resources.
- Aid in implementing special events that relate to the Aquatic Department and the YMCA as a whole.
- Submit news articles on a regular basis to local newspapers regarding aquatics programs and special events.
- Record aquatic statistics for each session and distribute and collect program evaluations during each session.
- Participate in staff meetings as a member of the branch management team.
- Remain current in required and voluntary training in order to promote growth of mind and spirit and character values for all.
- All other duties as assigned or needed.
- Physically and verbally able to interact with members and staff.
- Half of work hours in direct service, guarding or instructing
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Some weekend and evening work is expected, with the flexibility needed to be available if needed for early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Travel will be necessary when attending trainings or meetings.