YMCA of Western North Carolina Inc.
YMCA of Grants Pass Oregon
Haverford Area YMCA
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Aquatics Director is responsible for the YMCA oversight of the swim lesson program, which includes fiscal responsibility, staffing and supervision. The primary responsibilities of this position include the oversight, planning, staffing, supervising and delivering all Aquatics-related programs that bring the joy of swimming to children and adults using the YMCA Swim Lessons Curriculum. The Aquatics Director will be the principal contact for parents and participants for the YMCA swim lessons and aquatics certification programs. The Director will create the lesson schedule, deliver and manage swim lesson programs in the YMCA’s CRM database (Daxko), instruct lessons and classes as well as conduct monthly in-service trainings.
Enthusiastically represents The YMCA of Greater Monmouth County by displaying a positive attitude, maintaining a high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job through the four character values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
1. Provides leadership and support to YMCA aquatics programming by providing private and group lessons and certification courses and appropriately mentoring swim instructors including conducting effective onboarding and training for new employees.
2. Implements a swim lesson and aquatics certification program which drives an increase in participant enrollment resulting in attaining revenue and budget goals as set by the Executive Director.
3. Instruct swimming lessons as assigned in accordance with YMCA guidelines.
4. Cooperatively supports the other Aquatics Directors by developing schedules, overseeing guards, ensuring all safety and risk prevention policies are followed.
5. Assists the other Aquatics Directors with maintaining safe swimming conditions in the pool, on deck and surrounding areas. Prevents accidents by maintaining observation of the pool area, enforcing health and safety rules and maintaining emergency readiness.
6. Develops positive relationships with participants and parents encouraging involvement and identifying potential volunteers.
7. Assists as needed with pool administration including the creation of the Swim Lessons, Private Swim Lessons, Master’s Program and the Swim Instructor schedules.
8. Attends and leads staff meetings, and trainings as required.
9. Responsible for chemical readings, logs, and clean and safe pool deck and pump rooms. Works in partnership with Facilities Dept. as secondary person responsible for backwashing and mechanical responsibilities.
10. Follows all YMCA and Health Department policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Responds to emergency situations as needed. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
11. Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Keeping areas safe. Reports damaged equipment to supervisor.
12. Conveys basic information on YMCA programs and schedules to members and, as appropriate, refers members to other YMCA Total Health programs and/or staff.
Developing Self & Others: Develops self and supports others both formally and informally, to achieve their highest potential.
Functional Expertise: Executes superior technical skills for the role.
Communication & Influence: Listens and expresses self effectively and in a way that engages, inspires, and builds commitment to the Y’s cause.