Be part of a dynamic team making an impact, as the Assistant Aquatics Program Director for the Prisma Health Family YMCA.
The YMCA of Greenville is a dynamic and rapidly growing association that seeks to strengthen the community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
The Assistant Aquatics Program Director will be responsible for assisting the Director in assuring the safety, development, operation, and administration of the Aquatics Department at their branch. This includes but is not limited to supervision of Aquatics staff, ensuring compliance with all Association standards and state laws, and oversight of facility pool(s) and equipment.
Not only will you be part of amazing mission-driven work, but we also offer the following benefits:
- 12% Retirement Contribution, once fully vested
- 403b Retirement Savings Plan
- Separate Paid Sick and Vacation Leave
- Medical Benefits
- Company Paid Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 11 Company Paid Holidays
- Household Membership to the YMCA of Greenville
- 50% Discount on Programs, including Childcare, Sports, and Aquatics.
- 20% Discount on Personal Training
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day.
We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become.
We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality.
We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world.
We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential.
We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
The Assistant Aquatics Program Director will assist & support the Aquatics Director with:
- Developing, maintaining, and providing high quality, high-value aquatics programs to members and participants by performing duties that may include but are not limited to:
- Direct, manage and supervise all part-time staff to include input into recruitment, selection, performance evaluation, and termination decisions.
- Properly open and/or close the aquatics area each day according to Standard Operating Procedures and Director’s expectations and instructions.
- Communicate and enforce aquatics rules and guidelines to ensure a safe working and program environment for all staff and program participants according to local, state, and YMCA regulations.
- Provides excellent customer service to members, guests, and program participants, answering program questions and listening to/addressing concerns in partnership with the Aquatics Director.
- Help in maintaining a clean, safe, fully stocked, and well-organized aquatics area.
- Work responsibly without constant direct supervision performing daily duties as assigned.
- Fill in for absent staff in various capacities such as lifeguarding and instruction.
- Monitor and correct bi-weekly payroll for staff and/or contracted services and submit in a timely manner according to established Payroll timelines.
- Attends mandatory meetings and in-services.
- Set a good example in promptness, respect, conduct, honesty, and caring for all staff, members, program participants, and guests.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment, exemplifying YMCA character and values.
- May be asked to assist in the following administrative duties:
- Program Scheduling
- Staff Scheduling
- Program registration monitoring
- Communication of registration and schedules to program participants and the Business Services Center team.
- Evaluation of staff
- New staff training and/or mentorship
- Pool chemical monitoring and record-keeping
- Adhere to policies related to boundaries with consumers.
- Attend/complete required abuse risk management training
- Adhere to procedures related to managing high-risk activities and supervising consumers.
- Follow mandated reporting requirements.
- Adhere to job-specific abuse risk management responsibilities.
- Follow employees' and volunteers' screening requirements and use screening instruments to screen for abuse risk.
- Provide employees and volunteers with ongoing supervision and training related to abuse risk.
- Provide employees and volunteers with regular feedback regarding their boundaries with consumers.
- Require employees and volunteers to adhere to policies and procedures related to abuse risk.
- Respond quickly to policy and procedure violations using the organization’s progressive disciplinary procedures.
- Respond seriously and confidentially to reports of suspicious and inappropriate behaviors.
- Follow mandated reporting requirements.
- Communicate to all employees and volunteers the organization’s commitment to protect their consumers from abuse.
- Report essential abuse risk management information to the board of directors.