YMCA of Greater Louisville
YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas
Eastside Branch YMCA
Exciting opportunity to lead sports programming at a thriving, growing YMCA. The Berwick Area YMCA is the premier non-profit in our county and enjoys a stellar reputation for meeting community needs through innovative programs that change lives and make an impact. As part of the senior management team, the Senior Program Director is responsible for the strategic direction and overall development of sports and aquatic programming. Coming off a successful capital campaign, the YMCA has built a new full service gymnasium and 6,000 square foot wellness center. The Senior Program Director will support and supervise other directors and coordinators in other departments including wellness, aquatics and sports by providing leadership to all aspects of program operations. The position supervises two departments, driving outstanding program quality and enhancing the member experience. You will lead and coach others to strengthen current programs while having the opportunity to drive the development of new and innovative programs in these brand-new, state-of-the-art facilities.
1. Bachelor's degree in sports administration, human services, social services, recreation, business or equivalent.
2. Three or more years of program management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
3. Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations, program development.
4. Proven track record of developing authentic and deepened relationships with others.
5. Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
6. YMCA Team Leader or Multi-team/Branch Leader certification preferred.
7. CPR and First Aid certifications may be required.
1. Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
2. Hires, trains, and supervises staff and volunteers in assigned areas. Facilitates communication and provides leadership. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
3. Develops and maintains effective working relationships within the community.
4. Assures compliance with state and local regulations. Ensures that program standards are met and safety procedures are followed.
5. Ensures high quality member-focused programs through innovative program development, evaluations and on-going training of staff.
6. Coordinates special events and activities.
7. Provides data and reports as required for assigned programs.
8. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
9. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
10. Develop and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
11. Assists in YMCA fundraising activities and special events.
12. Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation