Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA
YMCA of the Virginia Peninsulas
Blue Ridge Assembly YMCA
Reporting to the SVP/Chief HR Officer, this position is responsible for the day-to-day administration and operation function including HRIS, HR metrics and reports, staff sourcing, recruitment and onboarding, employee safety training and certification, employee benefits administration, compliance and governance, internal audits, employee engagement, and record and file maintenance supporting the GSCYMCA People Strategy.
1. Bachelor's degree in business, human resources or equivalent
2. Five or more years of professional experience in human resources administration and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3. Knowledge and professional experience in HRIS, recruiting and benefits administration.
4. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
5. Current knowledge and understanding of regulations, current practices, and applicable laws regarding human resources.
6. Proficiency in business and human resources related computer applications including Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, payroll, HRIS.
7. Strong organizational skills and professional demeanor.
8. PHR/SHRM-CP certification preferred; YMCA Team Leader certification preferred.
1. Manage the HR systems and administration of employee records to ensure accuracy and improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization.
2. Manages onboarding process for all new hires.
3. Coordinates recruitment process for all non-exempt positions including sourcing, advertising, and managing annual recruitment budget. Identifies and cultivates appropriate and effective sources for candidates for all non-exempt positions.
4. Manages HR systems and employee records to ensure accuracy and improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization.
5. Responsible for timely and accurate submission of data requested by the EEOC, YMCA of the USA, Department of Labor, etc.
6. Manages benefit plan communication, enrollment and administration including annual open enrollment.
7. Manages staff safety training and program certification
8. Provides staff recognition and employee engagement opportunities
9. Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates HR Assistant, and Safety Trainers.
10. Provides direction to assigned staff in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities in achieving strategic and operating plan goals; prepares and manages associated budgets.
11. Creates reports and provide information as requested.
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Bachelor's degree in business, human resources or equivalent