Dan McKinney Family YMCA
YMCA of the North Shore
Dan McKinney Family YMCA
· Bachelor's degree in human services, social services, recreation, business or equivalent.
· YMCA Team Leader or Multi-Team Leader certification preferred.
· Four or more years of program management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
· Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations, program development and fundraising.
· Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations.
· Proven track record of developing authentic and deepened relationships with others.
· Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
· Three years of more of staff supervision experience
1. Implement and supervise all programs and collaborations ensuring the highest quality and adherence to YMCA goals and standards are met for Membership, Wellness, and other Branch initiatives.
2. Implement department and program strategies that support recruitment of new participants and retention of existing members and program participants.
3. Create a member-focused culture and models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
4. Establish new program activities and expands program with the community in accordance with the strategic and operating plans.
5. Hire, train, and supervise staff and volunteers in assigned areas. Organize people and activities for efficiency and effectiveness; also, coach and assess the effectiveness of direct reports through the development of annual goals performance evaluations.
6. Develop, monitor, and achieve program budgets. Accept responsibility for the control of expenditure and the production of income in line with the approved branch budget.
7. Create a member-focused culture and model relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Implements membership strategies that support retention of existing members, fosters a climate of innovation, and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
8. Work closely with the Wellness Coordinators and staff to develop income sources and support innovation in group exercise and community-based programs.
9. Work closely with the Membership Lead and other staff to ensure excellent member service standards.
10. Gather, interpret, and prepare data for meetings, reports, and recommendations.
11. Coordinate department activities with other departments and agencies.
12. Working with Membership Mission Impact team, develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and membership plan for the branch.
13. Support the Association in the development of the sales team and create a branch-specific contingent.
14. Ensure clear, concise, and consistent information is communicated to members, volunteers, and staff.
15. Actively participate in one local community group: representing the YMCA (Rotary, Chamber, Main South Business Association)
16. Participate in securing, maintaining, and managing wellness equipment leases.
17. Participate in the YMCA of the USA Leadership Competency Career Development Program and obtain Multi-Team/Branch Leader certification.
18. Lead the branch’s Annual Campaign and assist leadership in the successful completion of the campaign and other related special events and activities. Leads assigned aspects of the fund-raising campaign.
19. Participate as requested in Association Service Center and Branch committees, cabinets, task forces.
20. Other duties as assigned.
· Fiscal Management
· Program/Project Management