Fond Du Lac Family YMCA
YMCA of Greater Louisville
YMCA of Greater Boston
Under the direction of the Aquatics Director and in accordance with Association policies, the Assistant Aquatics Director is responsible for ensuring a safe aquatic experience for all swimmers at the Marshfield Clinic Health System YMCA-Marshfield Center. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the sound operation of aquatic schedules and other aquatic safety-based programs, program development and growth, participant satisfaction, participant and member retention and safety, and community collaborations. The Assistant Aquatics Director will assist in staff recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation of aquatic staff.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH THE YMCA:
· Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as life insurance and mental health resources
· Free YMCA facility membership (a value of over $938)
· Employee assistance program
· Retirement with employer contribution upon meeting eligibility requirements
· Paid time off and holiday time
· Professional Development through Y-USA’s learning & development programs
· YMCA Child Care discounts (based on availability in Child Care Program)
· YMCA Program discounts
· This position requires current certification in American Red Cross Lifeguarding. Previous supervisory, swim instructor, and lifeguard experience preferred.
· Demonstrated experience providing positive leadership skills and role modeling exemplary service for other staff. The position requires dependability, strong communication skills with staff and members, strong organizational skills, and the ability to present a mature and personable image. The incumbent will exhibit the core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility in all aspects of their work with the YMCA.
· Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
· Completed required Bloodborne Pathogens training and abuse risk management training. Adheres to policies and procedures related to appropriate boundaries with children. Monitors building, staff and members and reports suspicious or inappropriate behaviors and policy violations to supervisor.
· Uphold the mission of the YMCA, and demonstrate behaviors that reflect a determined, nurturing, genuine, hopeful, and welcoming nature.
· Interacts professionally with other employees, members, program participants, volunteers, and the community while always modeling the YMCA’s voice and core values.
· Assists in the recruitment, training, and supervision of program staff within the Aquatics department.
· Develops and delivers quality aquatic programs. Performs quality work within given deadlines and expectations with or without direct supervision. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in programs.
· Be accountable for coverage of all assigned lifeguard and/or swim instructor shifts and teach and/or guard in the absence of a scheduled lifeguard or swim instructor as necessary.
· Coordinate substitute procedures for staff; record all changes and maintain up-to-date staff schedule.
· Assist with leadership at all lifeguard/swim instructor in-service trainings and meetings.
· Supervise aquatic staff in the absence of the Aquatics Director.
· Inspect and ensure high standards of maintenance, cleanliness, and repair of aquatic equipment and supplies, including first aid supplies.
· Ensure pool safety by enforcing pool rules and policies.
· Coordinate and schedule private swim lessons.
· Assist Aquatics Director with special events.
· Facilitate community outreach programs such as Safety Around Water and other special events determined by Aquatics Director.
· Performs other duties as required by the Aquatics Director.