YMCA of Central Ohio
The Prospect Park YMCA is seeking a Director of Special Projects.
SALARY: $66,000-$70,000 Annually
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
To help fulfill our mission, we cultivate a culture of learning, leading, and collaboration to enhance community impact. Through our talented staff and “LEAP” career framework (Leadership, Empowerment, Accountability, Personal Growth), we are committed to a people-first approach that fosters trust, inclusion, growth, and development for all.
The Prospect Park YMCA is seeking a Director of Special Projects. The Director of Special Projects will support YMCA branches in their overall operational success focusing on Board Development and Community Engagement efforts and manage the administrative aspects of the Board giving (input of the campaign into AS400 and Prospect development) and Board activities, as well as expand Volunteer base. Organize special events and increase community awareness. Create, manage, and implement an integrated communications plan.
The YMCA of Greater New York offers a variety of benefits to its staff members including retirement benefits, medical, paid-time off, free YMCA membership and more! Benefit eligibility is determined by an individual’s employment status (ie. full-time or part-time), tenure and/or the number of hours scheduled to work. Click here for more information.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
- Will act as a campaign volunteer liaison for the Branch Board by recruiting volunteers and inputting applications into the AS-400.
- Attend Board of Managers meetings to engage their engagement and commitment.
- Overall management of all Special Events. EDI events, initiatives, engagement, HKD, Open Houses, Boo Fest, Backpack Drives, etc.
- Surface inspiring member stories to pitch to media and share on internal communications channels.
- Work in cooperation with Association Office to develop timely and relevant email marketing campaigns to promote special events.
- Represent the Y at community events and meetings.
- Model the Y’s 4 core values and provide leadership to branch operations when needed.
- Manager on Duty Shifts.
- Support all departments in projects, events, and administrative needs.
- Any other duties assigned.
- BA or BS in Liberal Arts or equivalent years of experience.
- 1-3 years Administrative experience.
- 1-3 years Community Relations.
- 1-3 years Working with Staff, Volunteers.
- People skills, excellent written and verbal communication, highly organized.
- Highly knowledgeable of office and creative software.