Join us in making a difference in the lives of individuals and families in our community.
About this Role
Under the direction of the President & CEO, in collaboration with the Senior Leadership Team, and in support of association priorities, the Branch Executive oversees operation of a YMCA branch, including membership, programs, facilities, volunteer and staff development, financial development, philanthropy, community relations and collaborations.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Six or more years of management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency. Three years’ experience with budgeting and forecasting.
- Bachelor's degree in human services, social services, business or equivalent.
- Prior experience with volunteer board development and fundraising preferred.
- Superior communication skills and an ability to express ideas clearly and effectively, in writing and verbally, in a group or one-on-one situation with diverse groups of people from all backgrounds. Demonstrated ability to communicate with non-English speakers. Ability to speak languages other than English preferred.
- Proven capacity to work a flexible schedule and respond to emergent situations.
- YMCA Multi-Team or Branch Leader certification preferred.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel locally.
- A criminal background check is required, including fingerprinting through the Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS), prior to hire. This will be paid for by the YMCA of Southern Maine.
- The ideal candidate must be able to complete all physical requirements of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Staffing Oversight – Hire, train, coach, schedule, review, and hold accountable staff to maintain high morale and provide excellent service. This includes the Y’s Accountability Pledge, personnel policy, protocols, and safety standards for staff, facilities, and program participants/members.
- Inclusion - Honor the YMCA of Southern Maine’s Promise Statement. Models a commitment to equity and inclusion. Creates a safe environment that helps all feel welcome and respected. Promotes feelings of mutual respect, acceptance, and appreciation. Supports people with unique experiences or points of view to share their perspectives.
- Staffing Administration – Ensure accurate timecards, consistent documentation, and maintenance of training records, licensing requirements, and certifications.
- Leadership – Is a collaborative, engaged, and active participant on the Association Leadership team, including communicating in an effective and timely manner and making sound decisions. This includes, but is not limited to, actively supporting the annual campaign, fundraising, special events, Association initiatives and program teams.
- Programming - Plan, develop, implement, provide, and maintain high quality programming in accordance with Association protocols and priorities and licensing guidelines, and in adherence with all Y Brand guidelines.
- Relationship Building – Develop positive relationships that lead to greater awareness of the Y’s mission and impact, growth in number of people served, as well as revenue.
- Personal Growth – Maintains a high degree of emotional maturity and interpersonal skills and is committed to personal growth and skill acquisition.
- Data Collection – Maintain accurate and consistent data tracking as required.
- Budgeting – Ensure budgeting parameters are followed in alignment with Association goals, priorities, and resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned.