YMCA of Kokomo Indiana
Somerset Hills YMCA
Under the direction of the Program Director and in accordance with Association policies, the Early Childhood Education (ECE) Teacher will be responsible for assisting in the operation of the Early Childhood Education programs. The Teacher serves as an instructor and leader to program participants, participants in the planning and implementation of high quality curriculum and programs through engaging families and taking responsibility for each child’s safety and overall quality of his/her experience. ECE Teacher will ensure licensing compliance, YMCA Standards and Accreditation Standards are upheld and executed within his/her classroom on an ongoing basis.
1. Must be at least 18 years and possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Current CPR-Pro, AED, First Aid, Shaken Baby Certifications, SIDS.
3. 6 related credits in Early Childhood/Youth Development (as indicated by The Registry Level 7 or higher)-is preferred.
4. Child Development Associate Certificate and/or Associates in Early Childhood Education is preferred.
5. Must meet State Licensing DCF 251 requirements for teacher.
1. Make meaningful connections with program participants, families and center personnel.
2. Assisting with planning and organizing Early Childhood Education curriculum activities, events, family engagement.
3. Arrive on time to center rested and well-prepared so as to maintain appropriate adult:child ratios.
4. Recognize and solve individual and group conflicts effectively.
5. Keep accurate daily attendance records.
6. Maintain a professional, clean, neat, organized and safe classroom atmosphere.
7. Attend staff training, staff meetings including required workshops and/or trainings.
8. Manage personal stress and stress of others effectively.
9. Balance Early Childhood Education standards and expectations with flexibility.
10 Understand and follow all state licensing, Accreditation (such as NAC), Youngstar requirements as listed in DCF standards.
1 Maintain current certifications, staff file and continuing education requirements per state licensing, Accreditation, YoungStar and YMCA policies.