YMCA of Greater Des Moines Iowa
The Risk Management and Volunteer Services Director oversees and directs the comprehensive Risk Management and Volunteer Services program.
Under the direction of the Human Resources Director the Risk Management and Volunteer Services Director oversees and directs the comprehensive Risk Management and Volunteer Services program for the YMCA of Southeastern North Carolina.
- Passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to the mission and cause of the YMCA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent higher level education, trainings, licenses, and certifications preferred.
- 2 years’ experience in a commercial Risk Management or safety position preferred.
- Property & Casualty License preferred; experience with commercial insurance coverages/renewal process expected.
- Strong computer skills and experience with standard business software.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, community involvement and volunteer management experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (including excellent written and oral) skills and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community; including the ability to manage staff/vendor relationships.
- Must exercise sound judgment, initiative and independent thinking; must possess excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, and the ability to analyze complex information and to define and solve problems; mathematical skills.
- Direct and monitor a comprehensive Risk Management program, implementing policies and procedures intended to reduce accidents and create safe environments for staff, members, and volunteers.
- Monitor the YMCA’s compliance with best practices and laws relating to safety and health, and guide the Association in developing related policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Serves as primary administrator of all incident reporting, liaison between the YMCA and insurance companies, manages all drivers and MVR records, drug screening, and assists with workers compensation claims.
- Assists finance department with insurance renewal process including providing necessary claims data and incident documentation.
- Ensure that facilities, vehicles, and programs are inspected regularly to identify potential hazards and exposures. Evaluate results of audits conducted to ensure compliance with risk management policies. Recommend practical solutions, including continued monitoring and improvement.
- Ensure there are effective vehicle and driver safety training programs.
- Working with the HR Department, ensure that required safety trainings are in place, sufficient instructors are available, and certifications are current for employees.
- Continued development and implementation ofstaff safety training and auditing through Safety Committees with each Branch.
- Work with C-suite leadership, HR and Finance Department to ensure effective management of the Association’s insurance programs and renewals for liability, property, crime and transportation.
- Evaluate losses for trends and works with insurance advisors to implement or revise policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership and counsel for branches in response to incidents and to create a proactive culture of safety.
- In alignment with HR best practices, develop, direct, and oversee the entire volunteer experience (including the application, screening, and onboarding process) for the YMCA of Southeastern NC.
- Effectively onboard, and train volunteers to serve with the YMCA, aligning them with the best volunteer role possible.
- Establish new volunteer opportunities (such as internships) and serve as a liaison for reporting volunteer data on behalf of the YMCA.
- Monitor compliance of volunteers with safety regulations, insurance requirements and best practices and implement corrective action or new procedures accordingly.
- Ensures all volunteers meet established safety guidelines by reviewing/approving background checks, and administering adverse action notices when necessary.
- Support other aspects of the Human Resources department as assigned.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
Engaging Community: Builds bridges with others in the community to ensure the Y’s work is community-focused and welcoming of all, providing community benefit.
Inclusion: Values all people for their unique talents and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and global work, as well as cultural competence.
Critical Thinking & Decision Making: Makes informed decisions based on logic, data, and sound judgment.
Program/Project Management: Ensures program or project goals are met and intended impact occurs.
Developing Self & Others: Develops self and supports others (e.g., staff, volunteers, members, program participants), both formally and informally, to achieve their highest potential.