Providence Metropolitan YMCA
Cumberland Cape Atlantic YMCA
YMCA of Greater Monmouth County
This position supports the work of YMCA Southcoast, which consists of 6 locations. We are a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Chief Financial Officer at YMCA SOUTHCOAST serves on the CEO’s senior leadership team; oversees and manages financial matters, investments, and information systems; and provides strategic direction and leadership for YMCA business operations and initiatives. The Chief Financial Officer also positions YMCA Southcoast as a community convener and collaborator to address critical social issues.
•Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related discipline; MBA, CPA or CMA strongly preferred.
•Fifteen+ years of substantive, relevant experience in accounting and fiscal management.
•Knowledge and understanding of general business matters required, including budget development, financial reporting, cash management, business taxes, banking and debt financing instruments.
•Knowledge of computer systems, including experience with system selection, new system implementation and project management.
•Office Suite computer skills required.
•Experience with investment management and asset allocation preferred.
•Experience in effectively leading and managing a staff team.
•Previous experience with volunteer/nonprofit organizations required.
1. Develop and implement financial strategies that support the organization’s mission and goals
2. Lead and manage all financial operations, including accounting, budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis.
3. Anticipates trends and their implications on the future of the organization.
4. Oversees investments through a professional management company and under the direction of the Finance Committee, and within the risk tolerance expressed by the Board via the asset allocation policy.
5. Oversee compliance with Federal contracts, New Market Tax credits agreements, and tax-exempt bond transactions.
6. Manages tax-exempt bond transactions and files all necessary reports. Establishes, maintains and/or monitors all banking and financing relationships.
7. Oversees financial operations, prepares analysis and reports, and gives guidance to executive and operating staff. Works closely with operations staff on issues that affect financial outcomes. Secures and allocates program or project resources so that strategic objectives can be achieved. Prepares specific recommendations.
8.Reviews, updates, and/or develops internal control systems for YMCA Southcoast and oversees internal
audits, which check for compliance on a variety of policies and standards. Provides recommendations for improvement.
9. Leads and manages staff and oversees the operations of the accounting/finance and information systems and other assigned departments.
10. Oversees and certifies the annual audit and meets periodically with the outside auditors to maintain communications and keep them informed of changes in YMCA Southcoast. Ensures that current accounting standards and legal requirements are met.
11. Actively engages with the Board and the Finance Committee and other Board Committees in challenging conversations and decision-making to advance YMCA Southcoast's impact. Works directly with assigned committee(s) of the Board and Board Committees to build volunteer relationships, develop policies, monitor their implementation and meet the related needs of the Board.
12. Develops performance indicators and measurement systems for tracking strategic plan objectives
13. Oversees the development of the annual operating budget, including all branch budgets. Guides the organization to make tough choices about what to stop, start, and continue. Works closely with operations staff to ensure that branch budgets are well-planned, realistic, and prepared in a timely manner.
14. Maintains all necessary records and accounting reports and records all transactions on a timely basis.
15. Maintains effective working relationships with auditors, bankers, investment counselors, attorneys and other professional advisors.
•Critical Thinking and Decision Making
•Leadership and Influencing