Fond Du Lac Family YMCA
YMCA of Greater Louisville
YMCA of Greater Boston
The Associate Director of Aquatic Programming and Services supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening community through Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility. The Associate Director intentionally fosters a cause-driven culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined while also managing high-quality, member-focused aquatics programs.
Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, the Associate Director is responsible for consistently delivering a curated program experience that emphasizes safety, swim skill development and ensures overall operational excellence. Key deliverables include but are not limited to participant outcomes and retention, achieving enrollment goals, and program sustainability. In addition, ensuring the necessary staff recruitment, training, certifications, and retention is essential to meet department objectives.
1. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent or higher in Elementary Education, Early Childhood, or Recreational Management
2. Minimum of 3-5 years of prior supervisory experience in with youth programs with evidence of operational experience (managing, launching, and maintaining youth programs) or school district setting, and/or the YMCA or other not-for-profit organization preferred.
3. Proficient use of Member Management systems, 3rd party partner evaluation systems, program specific systems, such as Team and Meet Manager, Bellxcel, Team Unify etc.
4. Proven track record of being an effective administrator including effective planning, setting goals, monitoring progress, tracking results, and making appropriate adjustments to plans based on circumstances and context.
5. Exceptional interpersonal skills working with diverse groups of individuals, and settings.
6. Ability to organize and prioritize multiple, competing priorities to maximize personal and team effectiveness
7. Within the first 120 days, YMCA or Red Cross trainer level certification must be completed in following areas: | Lifeguard Instructor | Swim Lesson Instructor | Water Fitness Instructor | Aquatic Management |
8. Within the first 6-9 months, Praesidium Guardian Certification |National Swimming Pool Foundation Certified Pool/Spa Operator Certification
1. Prepare annual program budgets and ensure your department’s financial benchmarks +/- 3% of budget to actual by effectively managing day to day operations, driving revenue, and monitoring departmental expenses.
2. Ensuring that the necessary internal and participation communication is taken place to provide positive and consistent member/participant experience.
3. Ensures the necessary systems are monitored and maintained to facility operational excellence such as: Staffing, Enrollment, Registration, Program Design, marketing and communication, and program schedules.
4. Collect, and interpret data so that it enables informed decision making and ensures the achievement of key performance indicators. Adapts and customizes program portfolio to meet community needs. Optimizes program capacity and enrollment goals
5. Recruit, hire, train, develop, schedule and direct personnel as needed for aquatics staff. Review and evaluate staff performance. Develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensure staff continual professional development/in-services.
6. Maintain program progress trackers and program quality assessment tools and data collection systems, measuring program impact and outcomes that report on student and program success.
7. Develop and maintain relationships with participant families, parent groups and other organizations/agencies related to assigned programs.
8. Act as the Y advocate for Water Safety in all areas including pool water quality, safety, child abuse prevention, emergency response, etc. Teach Safety Certifications, Child Abuse Prevention Training, and other required training, annually and assist with training new staff during the onboarding process.
9. Ensures daily pool operations, adheres to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations, and that accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance are maintained.
10. Annually reevaluates and updates program goals and objectives as well as develops plans to achieve said goals.
11. Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information. Plans community engagement strategy. This includes collaborating with peers and leaders in and outside the Y.
12. All other duties as directed or required for the overall success of the organization.
Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
Within the first 120 days, YMCA or Red Cross trainer level certification must be completed in following areas: | Lifeguard Instructor | Swim Lesson Instructor | Water Fitness Instructor | Aquatic Management |
Within the first 6-9 months, Praesidium Guardian Certification |National Swimming Pool Foundation Certified Pool/Spa Operator Certification