The YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee is currently hiring two Licensed Program Coordinators for its School Age programming.
- Assist the director in the overall development of the School Age Education and Day Camp Programs
- Ensure that the care of the participants is a key priority through direct supervision of the School Age and Day Camp Programs; be in ratio as needed
- Supervise and support staff in the absence of the Direct; monitor staff and child files for region
- Demonstrate a positive and caring attitude with children, staff, parents, and community members
- Understand and follow all state DCF Child Care and Day Camp licensing standards, Youngstar, and YMCA policies/manuals
- Attend and assist in planning and leading staff meetings, training sessions, other required meetings and evaluation of staff members
- At least 21 years of age with documentation of high school diploma/equivalent
- 1 year of supervisory or administrative experience in an organized children’s program
- Preferred candidate: bachelor’s degree in education, outdoor education, recreation, social work, or child development, or other related field OR minimum of 80 hours of Early Childhood classes with documentation or completed at least 6 credits in elementary education, child guidance or child development (Registry Level meets job requirement)
- Willing to obtain and maintain or currently possess CPR PRO/First Aid/ Shaken Baby Certifications
- Must have a current driver's license, automobile insurance and reliable transportation
- Bilingual-Spanish preferred
Provide a safe and fun environment while adhering to all state licensing requirements.