In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day.
This position is primarily responsible for the supervision and management of all facets of assigned total health and wellness programs in accordance with the vision and policies established by the Harrison Family YMCA. This position is the Health and Wellness champion for the Harrison Family YMCA. In addition to being responsible for the day-to-day operations and long-term planning of the Healthy Living Department, the Healthy Living Director assists each department by providing resources and support to help implement and maintain quality of health and wellness in their programs. We are looking for a vibrant and innovative leader to join our team. This position will report directly to the Senior Engagement Director.
- Bachelor of Science degree in exercise science, or a related field from an accredited college or university, 1-3 years practical experience in a health and fitness-related position, or have comparable level of expertise.
- Must have experience in recruiting, training and motivating people and must understand the importance of retention.
- Experience in personal training, and health and wellness programming preferred.
- Group exercise certification required within 6 months of hire.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills must have been obtained and demonstrated through past job experiences.
- Background in internal marketing/special events preferred.
- Ability to interpret, carry out and implement into programs, the mission and goals of the YMCA.
- Ability to supervise staff and volunteers while actively handling a variety of functions at the same time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to physically and verbally interact with members and staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively with adults, youth, teens, seniors and special populations.
- Must possess the skills to operate standard office and computer equipment.
- At times, be able to lift amounts up to 50 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Ability to be flexible to work evenings, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
- Change Leadership
- Developing Self & Others
- Engaging Community
- Program & Project Management