The Granite YMCA is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic youth development professional to join our dynamic, growing and purposeful team.
The Director of School Age Childcare maintains a supportive, positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals, promotes the potential of all youth and provides a quality experience to both youth and their families. As a leader in youth development, working under the supervisor of the Regional Director of School Age Childcare, this position will be responsible for the oversite of school-age childcare programs, including in and out-of-school time programs for the elementary schools in Manchester and Goffstown.
The Director will supervise a team of employees and volunteers as well as have administrative duties and operational functions to include daily program hours. Strong communication and leadership skills required.
- Oversee all operations of the school-age childcare, vacation camps and full-day programs for the Manchester and Goffstown region and collaborate to ensure the highest quality programming.
- Oversee the hiring, training, development, and supervision of staff team including Site Directors, Group Leaders, and Assistant Group Leaders.
- Represents and promotes the Y in the local community by developing positive working and collaborative relationships with all key school personnel and families
- Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member/employee satisfaction
- Support the YMCA mission through volunteer development and assist in the Annual Campaign.
- Participate in Association committees as well as pertinent outreach programs
This is full-time salaried position with an extensive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid vacation time (4 weeks paid time off and 6 holidays that accrue with tenure)
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Free family membership to the YMCA
- 50% discount on childcare, summer day camp and resident camp services
- Discounts on Y Programs for yourself and family members
- 25% discount on birthday parties, pool, and gym rentals
- After qualifying, 8% employer contribution to retirement fund